Maui Forums
System Settings Issue - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: System Settings Issue (/showthread.php?tid=23838)

Pages: 1 2

RE: System Settings Issue - lee0317 - 16th August 2016

(16th August 2016, 13:42)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: Don't know if this will help.
Worth a try.
kcmshell5 --list
  • kdesudo kcmshell5 kwindecoration
  • kdesudo kcmshell5 kcm_lookandfeel
OR

• sudo apt install --reinstall systemsettings
and maybe reinstall kcmshell5 modules Big Grin

Did not work. Tried to reinstall it; but read that kcmshell5 is not there. All I see listed for kcm is "Kcm Services" according to the terminal or Synaptic Package Manager. Tried to reinstall that with no avail.

RE: System Settings Issue - Isolrubin_BK1975 - 16th August 2016

My system settings works as expected. Here screenshot
[Image: s_1471361959_9928265_c727787eb4.png]

RE: System Settings Issue - leszek - 16th August 2016

The problem is one with the graphicscard driver and opengl.
First I would try pressing Alt+Shift+F12 to deactivate the graphical effects temporary before opening up systemsettings.
If it still produces this error I recommend checking what driver you are using.
You can do this by clicking on "My Computer" on the desktop which should show you which driver is used.
If it is the intel driver try maybe removing the driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel) and reboot to see if the generic "gallium" driver will work better for you.

Hope that helps.

RE: System Settings Issue - lee0317 - 17th August 2016

(16th August 2016, 19:53)leszek Wrote: The problem is one with the graphicscard driver and opengl.
First I would try pressing Alt+Shift+F12 to deactivate the graphical effects temporary before opening up systemsettings.
You can do this by clicking on "My Computer" on the desktop which should show you which driver is used.
If it is the intel driver try maybe removing the driver (xserver-xorg-video-intel) and reboot to see if the generic "gallium" driver will work better for you.

Hope that helps.

"My Computer" will not give me the option to click or select the graphics drive. It shows the "apply" and "okay" option; but will not let me click on anything. It is grayed out. I suspect it is a KDE neon error (not sure) or bug. I did load up KDE Neon DVD and it does the same thing.

RE: System Settings Issue - leszek - 18th August 2016

It shouldn't be clickable but simply only state which driver is currently in use.
If it isn't you can try and check out kinfocenter or the terminal. (for example with the inxi scripts)

RE: System Settings Issue - Pliny.D.Elder - 22nd August 2016

(17th August 2016, 16:04)lee0317 Wrote:
(16th August 2016, 19:53)leszek Wrote: The problem is one with the graphicscard driver and opengl.

Hope that helps.

"My Computer" will not give me the option to click or select the graphics drive. It shows the "apply" and "okay" option; but will not let me click on anything. It is grayed out. I suspect it is a KDE neon error (not sure) or bug. I did load up KDE Neon DVD and it does the same thing.

First question
1- Have you tried to install a graphics driver?
2- If not have you tried using to dd to a USB to run a live session to see if there any               problems?
    I have found it more than not gives a better result to install gnu/linux with a usb