Maui Forums
Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears (/showthread.php?tid=23918)

Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears - dbyentzen - 26th August 2016

I installed  Chromium and added it as a launcher to the desktop panel via the Application Menu. When I close the browser the launcher disappears from the panel--I cannot click on it in the panel(invisible but there). When I go back to the Application Menu to re-add the launcher, that feature is missing---indicating to me it is already activated( which it is).

Whenever I logout/login or reboot, the launcher re-appears in the panel, functions as expected but when I close the browser again it disappears. I've searched for solutions on the web but have not found any.

Anybody else come across this or have been able to fix this problem?

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears - leszek - 27th August 2016

This might be a bug. Is this only happening with chromium?

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears - dbyentzen - 28th August 2016

(27th August 2016, 9:13)leszek Wrote: This might be a bug. Is this only happening with chromium?

Only the Chromium launcher is affected. However, since posting this I have received an update and the launcher appears ( for now) to be behaving. 

I'll leave this thread open for a couple more days - if it continues to behave I'll resolve the thread if not, I'll repost here.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears [Solved] - dbyentzen - 29th August 2016

(28th August 2016, 5:00)dbyentzen Wrote:
(27th August 2016, 9:13)leszek Wrote: This might be a bug. Is this only happening with chromium?

Only the Chromium launcher is affected. However, since posting this I have received an update and the launcher appears ( for now) to be behaving. 

I'll leave this thread open for a couple more days - if it continues to behave I'll resolve the thread if not, I'll repost here.

Thanks for your help.

It appears that with current updates the Chromium launcher is behaving normally. I will mark this thread as solved.

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears [Solved] - EikeHein - 1st September 2016

Do you install Chromium from the distro package, or did you download it from Google?

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears [Solved] - dbyentzen - 2nd September 2016

(1st September 2016, 14:18)EikeHein Wrote: Do you install Chromium from the distro package, or did you download it from Google?

I installed Chromium using Synaptic. The Chrome browser is downloaded directly from Google; the Chromium browser( a separate project) can be found in the repos.

RE: Chromium Launcher in Desktop Panel Disappears - dbyentzen - 9th September 2016

@leszek, I re-opened this thread because the Chromium launcher inconsistently disappears and reappears on all three of my Maui 1 machines. Sometimes after closing Chromium the launcher is not visible but still "there" as I cannot add another launcher from the menu.
I will search for a bug already filed and if not I will file a bug against this.