Maui Forums
touch pad freeze - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: touch pad freeze (/showthread.php?tid=23919)

Pages: 1 2

touch pad freeze - claude - 26th August 2016

All running well until I close the lid of my laptop and reopen, then the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
I have do an hard boot everytime. Any idee.?
I am running Mint and manjaro and have dont have this issue

RE: touch pad freeze - claude - 27th August 2016

(26th August 2016, 6:19)claude Wrote: All running well until I close the lid of my laptop and reopen, then the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
I have do an hard boot everytime. Any idee.?
I am running Mint and manjaro and  have this issue

I tried another KDE linux and i am getting the same problem. Must be the laptop

RE: touch pad freeze - Pliny.D.Elder - 1st September 2016

Can't help the with the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
but if you have a similar problem you could try
ALT+PrintScreen+B to reboot or CTL+ALT+DEL to logout.

RE: touch pad freeze - claude - 6th September 2016

(1st September 2016, 18:46)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: Can't help the with the pointer of the touch pad freeze.
but if you have a similar problem you could try
ALT+PrintScreen+B to reboot or CTL+ALT+DEL to logout.

Thanks for the tip, but i move on to Solydxk. the only KDE that does not give this problem  

RE: touch pad freeze - leszek - 6th September 2016

Would be interesting to know what causes the issue on your hardware. As it is working fine here on some machines I tested it so not a general issue as it seems.
Though I read about a new intel driver in xenial proposed fixing issues with mouse pointer disappearing when switched to tty on intel cards.

Maybe something similiar you experienced.

RE: touch pad freeze - AJSlye - 6th September 2016

@claude,
What brand model is the laptop / trackpad?
It could just not be waking from suspend (power management issue) or a compatibility issue with libinput.

I have an HP laptop here that only has a software based toggle switch for it's synaptic touchpad, and this touchpad doesn't like to wake from suspend. Unfortunately, it's also doesn't have a fn+key combination toggle either. What it does have is a small circular indent on the touchpad itself that only works in windows. This laptops touchpad works fine using the synaptic drivers though, just not libiput.

RE: touch pad freeze - claude - 6th September 2016

(6th September 2016, 14:49)AJSlye Wrote: @claude,
What brand model is the laptop / trackpad?
It could just not be waking from suspend (power management issue) or a compatibility issue with libinput.

I have an HP laptop here that only has a software based toggle switch for it's synaptic touchpad, and this touchpad doesn't like to wake from suspend. Unfortunately, it's also doesn't have a fn+key combination toggle either. What it does have is a small circular indent on the touchpad itself that only works in windows. This laptops touchpad works fine using the synaptic drivers though, just not libiput.

HP Pavillon with a fn  key

RE: touch pad freeze - AJSlye - 6th September 2016

When it froze did using the fn+key combo work to turn it back on?

RE: touch pad freeze - claude - 7th September 2016

(6th September 2016, 23:58)AJSlye Wrote: When it froze did using the fn+key combo work to turn it back on?

Nope

RE: touch pad freeze - AJSlye - 7th September 2016

Hmm, does solydk use xf86-input-synaptics or xf86-input-libinput for the touchpad?