Maui Forums
Dolphin - No tickets option for the files / RESOLVED ! - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files / RESOLVED ! (/showthread.php?tid=23974)

Pages: 1 2

Dolphin - No tickets option for the files / RESOLVED ! - fanisatt - 27th September 2016

There is a relative sorting option in Dolphin (by tickets) but...the user can not add tickets any more - only comments.
If a user has a lot of files , and I think that nowadays it is a truth , tickets are very useful !
In KDE4 Dolphin the tickets system was working fine facilitating the archiving and classification of the files !!!
It is well known that the PC user always need something nicer , something more and more fresh and eye-candy but, this additional "magic" should not ever "work" against functionality!
I am so sorry that there is not this ticket system here !!!!!
This is I sometimes say ... one step forward and two steps backward !

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - leszek - 27th September 2016

I am not 100% sure what you mean with tickets but from what I understand I think you mean the tags feature.
This is still available.
Though by default baloo the search indexer is disabled (as it can eatup a lot cpu and should be an optional feature in our opinion).
You can enable it by going to systemsettings -> Plasma Services and enable the switch for baloo.
This should give you more search options in the dolphin filemanagers left sidebar already (after dolphin restart of course).
Now if you want to use tags in the right sidebar you need to right click it and hit configure to enable Tags there.
This will allow you to see the Tags value for every folder and file and you should be able to edit this aswell.

Finally you can get an overview of all tagged files when entering the tags:/ address.

Hope that helps and that is the actual thing you were missing.

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - fanisatt - 27th September 2016

Thank you so much leszek !
I shall try all these you suggest !

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - fanisatt - 27th September 2016

Well , I used to work very quick with tags in the right sidebar. I did as you say and the tags are enabled. The problem now is that, when I try to give a tag to a file the system does' not show/remind to me the previous tags I have already given in order to choose a tag. It is not a problem to type a new tag but , if the user wants to give to the file a previous given tag , he has to remember exactly the name. You understand that it may cause problems because of small "dictation" errors. Thank you very much for any help !

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - leszek - 28th September 2016

That seems to be a bug. Relogin should work. At least here then I can see and edit existing tags.

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - fanisatt - 28th September 2016

(28th September 2016, 11:36)leszek Wrote: That seems to be a bug. Relogin should work. At least here then I can see and edit existing tags.

This discovery is a good sign anyway !! I tried what you say , unfortunately it didn't work to me but, I think it is a beginning to find out what is happening. tags:/ address also shows nothing to my dolphin. Obviously I have to check some settings.... I have not set to "ON" the baloo plasma service !! I think that baloo is actually working inside dolphin because I can see regularly useful information for my files (dimensions of icons etc). Perhaps this bug/issue you discover with relogin is connected with the other bug I report about the recent applications menu. I notice that relogin somehow and sometimes affects it too.
Thanks a lot !

I also wonder what else you probably did before this relogin . I have installed kuser and add myself to the vboxusers , (I used to this in the past for the well known reason) but, I also wonder if something similar may happens here.... There are a lot of groups that I don't belong as a user.... I have add myself into the root group too.

RE: Dolphin - No tickets option for the files. - leszek - 28th September 2016

I did not add the user to any group. This is not necessary at all.
The important thing is that all tags are recognized here after the baloo service was started. So if you stopped it created a tag on a file and restart it. It won't show up in the tag editing window.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!! No relogin is demanded !! Just Baloo plasma service !!
Thank you very - very much !!!!

RESOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!