Maui Forums
Plasmashell crash during logout - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Plasmashell crash during logout (/showthread.php?tid=23995)

Plasmashell crash during logout - rocky7x - 5th October 2016

Hello,

During the logout plasmashell crashes and resets the desktop settings to default. It means that whatever settings I change to my desktop (enabling folder view on primary screen, desktop view on secondary and changing wallpapers) are lost on logout. Any idea?

RE: Plasmashell crash during logout - leszek - 5th October 2016

Is this reproducable everytime on logout for you ?
Or was it a one time issue ?

RE: Plasmashell crash during logout - rocky7x - 5th October 2016

Every time reproducible. 2 crashes: plasmashell and bluedevil. Logout works like this:
1. i hit logout and the desktop stays as it is for about 3-4 seconds
2. then it disappears, but reappears again with default wallpapers and settings (not the taskbar - taskbar works ok) with 2 crashes in tray
3. then it disappears completely and login shows
4. after login the desktop is with the default setting (desktop view with default wallpaper)

RE: Plasmashell crash during logout - rocky7x - 6th October 2016

This is happening even with the completely new user, so it's not user related.

RE: Plasmashell crash during logout - leszek - 6th October 2016

Did you check that the last updates were completely installed?
Try to see if there are new available.

Hi, All updates installed successfully. However, I've managed to get some determinism from it. It all depends what I select in Look & Feel in Settings->Desktop appearance. If I select Maui Plasma (the look with folder view), then I can have Folder view on both monitors and change wallpapers correctly. However, if I change the Folder view to Desktop on any of the monitors, the whole config is lost and it just gives me the default wallpaper on both monitors after logout/login with Folder view on both - the whole setting is reset to default. If I select Breeze in Look & Feel, I can have Desktop view on both monitors and change wallpaper, but as soon as I put Folder view on any of the monitors, it starts behaving exactly like before - resetting to default on logout. So I think that the problem is in the Look & Feel handling. I see that you have introduced a new option (inherit all layout from the setting), so maybe there is something wrong with that. And finally, I don't want to run to conclusions, but it doesn't seem to be related to the plasmashell crash at the logout - but that's just my feeling.

RE: Plasmashell crash during logout - leszek - 6th October 2016

The default look and feel is provided by the Maui Look and Feel. So yes it might change to default if you change it to something else.
Or do you mean it resets itself every logout to the default?

Yes, if I switch the Folder view to Desktop view by right-clicking the desktop->Configure Desktop->Wallpaper->option Layout, then after logout/login all changes are lost and it resets to default.