Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 7th November 2016

it seems that akonadi don't want to stay activated,no idea why,i do put it on and if i close the settings and open it again,the akonadi is off again,how to keep it on ?
another thing happens when i try to get to open the akonady configuration,i mean to type akonadi in krunner,i get this error message
Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect
is that means that mysql is not running or is not installed ? i did looked in synaptic and i have mysql,i tryed to kill mysql and when i tryed to restart it it said that is no such file or directory,dam i am so confused,it must be all mixed up that i can't make the akonadi running

RE: very wierd akonadi - AJSlye - 7th November 2016

You'll need to go into System Settings > Plasma Services and trurn on Akanadi there, however will also need to go under System Settings > Account Details > KDE wallet and enable it as well. You may also want to check your Plasma search settings.

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 7th November 2016

(7th November 2016, 20:58)AJSlye Wrote: You'll need to go into System Settings > Plasma Services and trurn on Akanadi there, however will also need to go under System Settings > Account Details > KDE wallet and enable it as well. You may also want to check your Plasma search settings.

i did, when i got into akonadi console, i got an error that is not operational and is not even giving me details

So you have both akanadi and Kwallet enabled in Plasma services as well as having kwallet enabled under Account Details > KDE wallet?
Have you run all of the system updates?
May I also ask, what are your settings under Startup and Shutdown > Session Management?

ok,i have been searchin to see if i find the problems and i found 3 errors files in akonadi directory,1 is akonady_conntrol.error.old ,the second is akonadictl.error.old and the 3rd akonadiserver.error.old ,i will try to put here the logs,and maybe some1 can really help with what to do step by step

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface:ConfusederviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally... this 1 is from the first file

Failed to use database "akonadi"Database error: "Access denied for user 'mariusapo'@'localhost' (using password: NO) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"Failed to connect to database!Database error: "Access denied for user 'mariusapo'@'localhost' (using password: NO) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.Failed to remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file this is from the 3rd file

the second file is empty

to answer to your questions,yes,i have both on,yes i have the system up to date,actually didn't came up much on maui 2 and on session management is all the same,i didn't changed anything at all in there,is all the same as when i installed maui 2

it can be that i don't have mysql configured ? and if so,how i manage that in a way to make it work ?

Hmm, it's working on my system but then again, this is a Maui 1 installation.
I'll look to see if I have mysql installed and configured as soon as I get back home.

(7th November 2016, 21:47)AJSlye Wrote: Hmm, it's working on my system but then again, this is a Maui 1 installation.
I'll look to see if I have mysql installed and configured as soon as I get back home.

thanks,it was workin on mine too,but i installed a new kernel and after that all went down with all that,so i installed again the mysql and tryed to configure a database,but i guess that it went wrong,not good at it,just fallowed an online how to,but thing is that it was an old how to and it is hard to adapt to the new,especially when have no idea about that

Yea, I've seen issues like that before.
When using a how to on-line, make sure it is for Ubuntu or at the the least SystemsD.

(7th November 2016, 22:26)AJSlye Wrote: Yea, I've seen issues like that before.
When using a how to on-line, make sure it is for Ubuntu or at the the least SystemsD.

it was for ubuntu,but is for ubuntu 14.04,sincethen mysql have changed a bit,but as u can see it didn't fixed my linux hahaha

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 8th November 2016

hmmmm....this is very strange i run the command : /usr/sbin/mysqld --help --verbose , to see if i find where is the my.cnf file and ...surprise,nowhere
i did found it in default directory,etc/mysql,the link is to mariadb.cnf that has 2 included directories,conf.d and the files there are pretty much empty,no configurations and mariadb.conf.d which is pretty much the same as in the other,hmmm,i think is very messed up