Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: very wierd akonadi - AJSlye - 8th November 2016

No not really, we do use mariadb by default, but the fact that the config files are empty is a bit concerning.
Try reinstalling the mariadb and akanadi packages.

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 8th November 2016

(8th November 2016, 4:20)AJSlye Wrote: No not really, we do use mariadb by default, but the fact that the config files are empty is a bit concerning.
Try reinstalling the mariadb and akanadi packages.

i just did,now i looked again at the mysql directory (after restarting the pc) ,in the file mysql.cnf from the conf.d directory is just 1 line : 1   |[mysql]
in mariadb.conf.d directory it's a big empty,no files at all of any kind
oh boy,this is getting to be more complicated haha

i do have an idea tho,let me know if it is possible or if what i will say it can be a fix,ok?
well,i didn't actually got to look into the akonadi til recently when i wanted to configure a dam calendar aplet
thing is that i did installed a new kernel version,version 4.8 that i got it from the ubuntu repository,thing is that when was innstalling it did appear an error about a module,didn't said which 1,now when i boot,i see an error that i think u can know about it : error loading cpu0 in the node or something like that,the pc do boot normally without getting stuck on that error,but i wander,what if the module in there was about akonadi or mysql ?maybe there is where i lost all the conf file...
if i reinstall maui 2 and save those files as back up,install again the kernel and put those files in the place,it might work ?
the true is that i actually didn't look at akonadi be4 the kernel update...
i did open all the apps that were on my pc installed just to check if they get into some problem coz of the new kernel,til i got into this 1 with akonadi
if the akonadi is not working coz of the new kernel,i guess i will need a file list with all that i need to install manually from synaptic,akonadi-mysql-mariadb packages and deps files or maybe i will never make this thing work again as it should be
now those were my ideas,but i am just a noob,i have no experience into linux exept of using it as windows (lol),but is true,now i got older and i am a bit more interested into it but to old to learn all from the start,but i rely on ppl that have knowledge and experience to help me out ( only by breaking and fixing it ppl learn haha),thanks

So, you installed a kernel from Ubuntu.
Was this an official Ubuntu patched kernel or one from the Ubuntu vanilla kernel repository?
The CPU0 message is actaully normal on some systems and can be ignored, it's usually a timing issue than an actual error.
Now, with systemd we can find out what module or service is not loading.
Can you give me the output of the following command:
Code:
sudo systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service

(8th November 2016, 14:28)AJSlye Wrote: So, you installed a kernel from Ubuntu.
Was this an official Ubuntu patched kernel or one from the Ubuntu vanilla kernel repository?
The CPU0 message is actaully normal on some systems and can be ignored, it's usually a timing issue than an actual error.
Now, with systemd we can find out what module or service is not loading.
Can you give me the output of the following command:

Code:
sudo systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service

i took this kernel from this page : http://tipsonubuntu.com/2016/10/03/install-linux-kernel-4-8-in-ubuntu-linux-mint/

systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Ma 2016-11-08 13:12:04 EET; 1h 41min ago
     Docs: manConfusedystemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 301 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 301 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/systemd-modules-load.service

nov 08 13:12:03 mariusapo-pc systemd-modules-load[301]: Inserted module 'lp'
nov 08 13:12:03 mariusapo-pc systemd-modules-load[301]: Inserted module 'ppdev'
nov 08 13:12:03 mariusapo-pc systemd-modules-load[301]: Inserted module 'parport_pc'
nov 08 13:12:04 mariusapo-pc systemd[1]: Started Load Kernel Modules.
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

that is the result of module list

Hmm, do you have a printer (parallel) port in your system?
Anyway, this is enabled so your not having a module issue..
That is also a mainline (patched) kernel so this shouldn't be the issue, other than external kernel modules like Nvidia dkms would need to be rebuilt against this kernel, but that's a different issue.

(8th November 2016, 15:30)AJSlye Wrote: Hmm, do you have a printer (parallel) port in your system?

Anyway, this is enabled so your not having a module issue..

yes,i have a scaner-printer,on usb,but is off and was all time off since i installed maui 2

No not USB.
USB is a serial port not a parallel port (LPT).
Those three modules are for old time parallel ports and LPT printers.
But, that's not causing the issue.

(8th November 2016, 15:35)AJSlye Wrote: No not USB.
USB is a serial port not a parallel port (LPT).
Those three modules are for old time parallel ports and LPT printers.
But, that's not causing the issue.

then that's a good sign,anyway i never used a parallel port on my pc,ever,hmmm i see that the problem is gettin deeper and some things that are hidden from you,i really wish i knew lot of linux to know what and where to look for problems,but unfortunatly all i can do is sit and wait,and wait for a command that can reveal the problem,but no idea what command...

Could you also try running the following command to see what the offending module is:
Code:
sudo /lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load

Also, could you list the contents of /etc/modules-load.d and/or /usr/lib/modules-load.d/?

(8th November 2016, 15:56)AJSlye Wrote: Could you also try running the following command to see what the offending module is:

Code:
sudo /lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load

Also, could you list the contents of /etc/modules-load.d and/or /usr/lib/modules-load.d/?

module-load.d content
files : cups-filter.conf , modules.conf , vhba.conf

in the second at usr.... empty,no files at all

this is the content of the first file

# Parallel printer driver modules loading for cups

# LOAD_LP_MODULE was 'yes' in /etc/default/cups
lp
ppdev
parport_pc

the content of the second file

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.

#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

the content of the last file

vhba

and that's all