Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: very wierd akonadi - AJSlye - 8th November 2016

Nothing about sql in wither location?
vhba is a virtual network driver used by vmwareand the others we already discused.
None of this points to a module load error.

Could you please list what mariadb and mysql packages you have installed on your system?
Something is getting missed.

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 8th November 2016

(8th November 2016, 18:07)AJSlye Wrote: Nothing about sql in wither location?
vhba is a virtual network driver used by vmwareand the others we already discused.
None of this points to a module load error.

Could you please list what mariadb and mysql packages you have installed on your system?
Something is getting missed.

what i know of,is what i see in the list in synaptic
 typing mariadb  package  : mariadb-common (installed version : 10.0.27) this is all at mariadb

typing mysql packages : mysql-common (5.7.16ubuntu0.16.0)
                                   libqt5sql5-mysql (5.7.0+dfsg-1+16.04+b)
                                    libqt4-sql-mysql (4:4.8.7+dfsg-5ubuntu2)
                                   mysql-client (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   mysql-server (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   libqt4-sql-mysql:i386  (4:4.8.7+dsfg-5ubuntu2)
                                   mysql-client-5.7 (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   mysql-client-core-5.7 (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   mysql-server-core-5.7 (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                    akonadi-backend-mysql (4:16.08.2-0neon+16.04+build15)
                                   mysql-server-5.7  (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   libmysqlclient20 (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
                                   libmysqlclient20:i386 (5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)

that's it,i have no idea why those i386 were installed...hmmm

i wander 1 thing,i was looking now at the ubuntu repo of the kernels,at the 4.8 directory and i saw there a patch file called : 006-configs-based-on-ubuntu-4.8.0-17.18.patch,a lot of configs there,should i take it ? and if so,i have no idea how to apply it

OK, the kernel has nothing to do with this issue,
However, that list you gave is wrong, this is what should be installed:
Code:
mariadb-client-core-10.0
mariadb-common
mariadb-server-core-10.0
akonadi-backend-mysql
libmysqlclient20:amd64
libmysqlclient20:i386
libqt4-sql-mysql:amd64
libqt4-sql-mysql:i386
libqt5sql5-mysql:amd64
mysql-common

(8th November 2016, 19:56)AJSlye Wrote: OK, the kernel has nothing to do with this issue,
However, that list you gave is wrong, this is what should be installed:

Code:
mariadb-client-core-10.0
mariadb-common
mariadb-server-core-10.0
akonadi-backend-mysql
libmysqlclient20:amd64
libmysqlclient20:i386
libqt4-sql-mysql:amd64
libqt4-sql-mysql:i386
libqt5sql5-mysql:amd64
mysql-common

gr8,now at least i know what i have to have and not,i did got an error message that nothing can get installed or reinstalled til i fix the packages,error in holding old packages,or somethin like that

i installed what it was not from your list but i still get an error when i try to open akonadi console :
Failed to connect to database :Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'(2) QMYSQL:Unable to connect

i did looked in the folder of run for that mysqld folder and i couldn't see it there

i tryed to restart akonady server and i got this notifications

control of akonadi proces is not registered in d-bus
akonady server proces is not registered in d-bus
were found no resourse agents
were found no precedented journal of the akonadi server
and same for akonadi control

You need to do more than just install the packages:
Code:
systemctl stop mariadb
sudo mysql_install_db
systemctl start mariadb
systemctl status mariadb

PS: make sure you have no other mysql packages installed then the ones I listed.
However, I'm begining to think you may have more messed up on your system than just akonadi, mariadb, etc..

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 9th November 2016

(8th November 2016, 23:04)AJSlye Wrote: You need to do more than just install the packages:

Code:
systemctl stop mariadb
sudo mysql_install_db
systemctl start mariadb
systemctl status mariadb

PS: make sure you have no other mysql packages installed then the ones I listed.
However, I'm begining to think you may have more messed up on your system than just akonadi, mariadb, etc..

ur right,hahaha,if is not hard,is not awsome when u fix it,but hey,the only thing i messed up with in maui 2 was just the kernel,the rest is exactly the same,exept for installing wine,teamviewer 12 beta and the new skype alpha,more than that is exactly as new all the rest,as i said,maybe the kernel messed up more than it should,but thanks,i will try to uninstall all the other packages,thanks,i will let u know anything tom

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 9th November 2016

ok,i am writing now after a fresh clean install of maui 2,after the normals setups and updates,nvidia drivers and some other few settings that we all make on our pc,i installed only the akonadi console,i didn't opened any app at all and i only got to put akonadi on,same thing happen as be4,is not staying on at all,now i will post here the errors,so i am saying,it is a clean fresh install of maui2,just to be clear

Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
===============================

Test 1: SUCCESS
--------

Database driver found.
Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi server configuration and was found on your system.

File content of '/home/mariusapo/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL

[QMYSQL]
Host=
Name=akonadi
Options=
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi
StartServer=false

Test 2: SUCCESS
--------

Akonadi is not running as root
Details: Akonadi is not running as a root/administrator user, which is the recommended setup for a secure system.

Test 3: SKIP
--------

MySQL server executable not tested.
Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL server.

Test 4: SKIP
--------

MySQL server error log not tested.

Test 5: SKIP
--------

MySQL server configuration not tested.

Test 6: SUCCESS
--------

akonadictl found and usable
Details: The program '/usr/bin/akonadictl' to control the Akonadi server was found and could be executed successfully.
Result:
Akonadi 5.3.2

Test 7: ERROR
--------

Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi control process is not registered at D-Bus which typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during startup.

Test 8: ERROR
--------

Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi server process is not registered at D-Bus which typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during startup.

Test 9: SKIP
--------

Protocol version check not possible.
Details: Without a connection to the server it is not possible to check if the protocol version meets the requirements.

Test 10: ERROR
--------

No resource agents found.
Details: No resource agents have been found, Akonadi is not usable without at least one. This usually means that no resource agents are installed or that there is a setup problem. The following paths have been searched: '/usr/share/akonadi/agents'. The XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable is set to '/usr/share/default-settings/plasma5-profile:/usr/share//usr/share/xsessions/plasma:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/var/lib/snapd/desktop'; make sure this includes all paths where Akonadi agents are installed.

Directory listing of '/usr/share/akonadi/agents':
akonadiindexingagent.desktop
akonotesresource.desktop
archivemailagent.desktop
birthdaysresource.desktop
contactsresource.desktop
davgroupwareresource.desktop
followupreminder.desktop
googlecalendarresource.desktop
googlecontactsresource.desktop
icaldirresource.desktop
icalresource.desktop
imapresource.desktop
invitationsagent.desktop
kalarmdirresource.desktop
kalarmresource.desktop
kolabresource.desktop
maildirresource.desktop
maildispatcheragent.desktop
mailfilteragent.desktop
mboxresource.desktop
migrationagent.desktop
mixedmaildirresource.desktop
newmailnotifieragent.desktop
notesagent.desktop
notesresource.desktop
openxchangeresource.desktop
pop3resource.desktop
sendlateragent.desktop
tomboynotesresource.desktop
vcarddirresource.desktop
vcardresource.desktop

Environment variable XDG_DATA_DIRS is set to '/usr/share/default-settings/plasma5-profile:/usr/share//usr/share/xsessions/plasma:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/var/lib/snapd/desktop'

Test 11: SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server did not report any errors during its current startup.

Test 12: ERROR
--------

Previous Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server reported errors during its previous startup. The log can be found in <a href="/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old">/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old</a>.

File content of '/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadiserver.error.old':
Failed to use database "akonadi"Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"Failed to connect to database!Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.Failed to remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file

Test 13: SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process did not report any errors during its current startup.

Test 14: ERROR
--------

Previous Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process reported errors during its previous startup. The log can be found in <a href="/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi_control.error.old">/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi_control.error.old</a>.

File content of '/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi_control.error.old':
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface:ConfusederviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

now you tell me how is this working on your pc and is not on mine ?