Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: very wierd akonadi - AJSlye - 9th November 2016

Did you use mint update to perform the updates, including level 4 and 5 updates?
Did you reboot after the updates?

Please note below:
I have yet to do the Maui 1 to Maui 2 upgrade on this system, so I'm still running Maui 1, not maui 2.
However, this should make make a difference.

Akanadi should have already been installed by default, just disabled.
To enable akonadi you need to have KDE wallet enabled and configured, as well as akonadi enabled under plasma services.
There should be no need to install akanadi console.

I never run Nvidia drivers as I don't buy thier products as a matter of principle.
I also never make any settings adjustments, or install additional applications, to the default installed system.

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 9th November 2016

my advice is not to do an upgrade, but to make a clean install of the maui 2 and see what and where is the problem, maybe buy upgrading will just take the configuration from the maui 1...

Maybe in the future this will happen, but I have to test the upgrade path first.
I only have the one system dedicated to Netrunner installs for tech support.
On this one system I have Maui 1, Netrunner Core, and Netrunner Desktop all installed.

well i have to tell you this but,searching in internet about this issue with akonadi that is not registered in d-bus is a problem of configuration and this issue is reported in many distributions,the real problem is when it comes to noobs like me that have to configure it manually,is not a problem for the advanced users,yes,i did update the distribution from the normal way and had all updates installed,even the d-bus at level 4,it is an update and i like to have all updated,but i do not understand why nobody actually look into this issue and fixed it in the distribution,i can't open kaddressbook or kmail without have the same error opening and in others forums the moderators,as u,were very concerned about that too,some1 said that it managed to make kmail working but it still had the akonadi stoped in status,someone else even tryed to see if it is about the lack of dependencies and found out that is not about that at all,just about some manual configurations,but as i said,i am a noob and all those commandlines ar just like an alien language to me,even tho should be easy to fallow,but i have to ask this 1 question,can it be done automaticaly ? maybe i do get an update,on the normal way,no backends repos,but normal repos that come activated at the begining,and have all the configurations pass at the new updates ?,i have to admit,i didn't tryed to use akonadi be4 updating,but normally is to have the updates installed,right,new things,better and more stable,as the updates should be made of....
i will try to fallow some of the solution,but for sure i can get stuck into something that i have no idea how to fix or the worst of the worst,wait for the maui 3 that hopefully will come out with this thing fixed...
for now will be nice to have it fixed by a nice how to with step by step
i understand how u stand with all those distributions and i bet that is not easy to be part in 3 sides,but the good part is that being there,u can get this issue in attention there where it has to be and get it fixed
i know that all noobs come with stupid ideas and idiotic convos,but some good ideas come from those Smile

I'll be doing the upgrade from Maui 1 to Maui 2 later this afternoon, and then a fresh Maui 2 install either tonight or in the morning. I will report back if I'm able to reproduce your issue. As of right now I have not been able to reproduce this with my Maui 1 install with all the latest updates. If i'm not able to reproduce this issue with the upgrade or from a fresh Maui 2 install, it may just be one of the configuration changes or packages you have installed (removed) that is causing the issue. I can not simulate your nvidia driver installation, but if you could list the applications that you have added or removed along with any other configuration changes that you have made, this would go along way towards replicating your issue.

Note: Please use a code box from here on out for lists and command outputs. I don't want to see your account maked for spam by the forum bot.

ok,that is a gr8 news for me,but i have to report this to u,i was still looking into the issue in internet and i tryed a command line the 1 with mysqlverbosehelp and what i seen there is that the configuraton should be into /var/run/mysql/ folder where it should be 2 files at least,like my.cnf and mysql.sock,or something like that,what i found on my pc is that those files don't exist there and not just those 2 files,not even the folder,no wander (i think) that i get this errors coming from that path,i hope this helps Smile

That is only one possibility for the file location, but I will look at that as well.
Keep in mind that /var/run on most Linux systems is usually just a symlink to /run.
I'm also not sure if that location or files are correct for MariaDB.
Like I said I will look into this more later today and into tomorrow.

Please check into your added applications just to be sure they did not install or reconfigure anything mysql related other than what Is default that I listed earlier.

i will wait for your assesmant of the issue,and no,i didn't installed anything yet,it is all new,out of the box,all i did now is just to put my email accounts into thunderbird,i will not install anything else til u look at it and see what it might be and hopefuly find a solution,thanks a bunch for it

RE: very wierd akonadi - jrasmussen - 9th November 2016

(9th November 2016, 14:48)AJSlye Wrote: I'll be doing the upgrade from Maui 1 to Maui 2 later this afternoon, and then a fresh Maui 2 install either tonight or in the morning. I will report back if I'm able to reproduce your issue. As of right now I have not been able to reproduce this with my Maui 1 install with all the latest updates. If i'm not able to reproduce this issue with the upgrade or from a fresh Maui 2 install, it may just be one of the configuration changes or packages you have installed (removed) that is causing the issue. I can not simulate your nvidia driver installation, but if you could list the applications that you have added or removed along with any other configuration changes that you have made, this would go along way towards replicating your issue.

Note: Please use a code box from here on out for lists and command outputs. I don't want to see your account maked for spam by the forum bot.

For what it's worth, I did a clean install of Maui 2 this morning and am having the same issue with akonadi.

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 10th November 2016

i reinstalled kernel 4.8.6 and the modules that i got error on was : ndiswrapper,virtualbox and virtualboxquest,anyway i uninstalled virtualbox 5.0.26 that comes with maui 2 and installed virtualbox 5.1.8,it runs fine with no problems at all,no idea about the first 1,the rest of the pc runs well and i didn't find any problems with the new kernel,but akonadi remain the same problem