Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 10th November 2016

oh,i found this config in akonadi akonadiserverrc file
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL

[QMYSQL]
Host=
Name=akonadi
Options=
ServerPath=/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi
StartServer=false

no host name there and why is that startserver false ?

RE: very wierd akonadi - MariusApo - 10th November 2016

maybe this can help you out (not sure... )

mariusapo@mariusapo-pc:~$ akonadictl start
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface:ConfusederviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
mariusapo@mariusapo-pc:~$ mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data’: Permission denied
Fatal error Can't create database directory '/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data//mysql'

The latest information about mysql_install_db is available at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installing-system-tables-mysql_install_db
log_akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
log_akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
log_akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/tmp/akonadi-mariusapo.Ivi1fd/mysql.socket")
log_akonadiserver: stdout: ""
log_akonadiserver: stderr: "161110 13:26:36 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.0.27-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) starting as process 2255 ...\n161110 13:26:36 [Warning] Can't create test file /home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mariusapo-pc.lower-test\n\x07/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't change dir to '/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/' (Errcode: 13 \"Permission denied\")\n161110 13:26:36 [ERROR] Aborting\n\n161110 13:26:36 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete\n\n"
log_akonadiserver: exit code: 1
log_akonadiserver: process error: "Unknown error"
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-mariusapo.Ivi1fd/mysql.socket' (2 "No such file or directory")'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/akonadi-mariusapo.Ivi1fd/mysql.socket' exists!
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

RE: very wierd akonadi - leszek - 10th November 2016

Quote:‘/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data’: Permission denied
Fatal error Can't create database directory '/home/mariusapo/.local/share/akonadi/db_data//mysql'

You don't have permission to write to ~/.local/share/akonadi ? Please check that and correct it if necessary.

P.S. : Also please use quote and code tags and don't paste stuff just into here randomly. The automatic antispam bot otherwise might ban you and it makes it hard to read and identify errors for us aswell.

RE: very wierd akonadi - AJSlye - 10th November 2016

I couldn't reproduce this issue after upgrade from Maui 1 to Maui 2 following the upgrade proccedure.
However, I'm having an issue with Calamares giving me an error about firefox and not finishing the install at the moment.
I will report back once I'm able to get Maui 2 installed.

RE: very wierd akonadi - leszek - 10th November 2016

Quote:However, I'm having an issue with Calamares giving me an error about firefox and not finishing the install at the moment.

Try the updated installer from the testing repo (need to comment in the Maui specific test repo for this in the official sourceslist in /etc/apt/sources.list.d.
Update calamares and calamares-maui with synaptic by forcing the testing version.
This fixes language Pack installation failure at the end of the installation process and some other issues.

Thanks leszek, I have it now installed.
At first when I went into Plasma services, enabled Akanadi, applied, and left plasma services, going back in it was indeed still disabled. I then went into Account Detailes > KDE Wallet and clicked on the tabs and came back out, I also clicked around in other KCM's like online accounts, netwrok, systemd, etc. without changing any settings in any of them. After all this I went back into Plasma Services and enabled Akanadi again, applied and this time it stuck, even after reboot. I'm not sure if it was my clicking around or if it just took some time for all services to enumerate.

I will now perform the update using Mint updater leaving out the level 4 and 5 updates, reboot and report back.

These are the updates ignored by default:
4 dbus
4 systemd
5 linux
5 linux meta

After the update and reboot, Akanodi is still enabled and working as expected.
I will now perform the level 4 updates (dbus and systemd) to see if these what is causing the issue and report back.

RE: very wierd akonadi - jrasmussen - 10th November 2016

(10th November 2016, 21:35)AJSlye Wrote: After the update and reboot, Akanodi is still enabled and working as expected.
I will now perform the level 4 updates (dbus and systemd) to see if these what is causing the issue and report back.

still not working for me after clean Maui 2 install yesterday (not upgrade).  here's what I get when I try to start via CLI:

Code:
john@Inspiron-5447:~$ akonadictl start
john@Inspiron-5447:~$ Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
Invalid Context= "panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Oranchelo/panel/22/"
log_akonadiserver: Failed to use database "akonadi"
log_akonadiserver: Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"
log_akonadiserver: Failed to connect to database!
log_akonadiserver: Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove Unix socket
log_akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
log_akonadicontrol: Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

I'm not sure exactly what is going on here, It worked for me after install and initial update (no level 4 or 5).
But now after updating the the level 4 packages (dbus and Systemd), I am no longer able to enable or disable Akanadi.

UPDATE: I was able to enable Akonadi playing around with KDE Wallet.

Here is what I did:
Go into System Settings > Account Details > KDE Wallet
Then scroll down and click Launch Wallet Manager, click around and close.
Next go into Plasma Services and enable Akonadi and click apply.

Note: Sometimes I had to click apply two or three times before I heard the harddrive tick and it to actually apply. I'm still not 100% sure what is going on, more testing is needed. But as of right now it is enabled and woking, no more kmail or reminder errors.