Maui Forums
very wierd akonadi - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: very wierd akonadi (/showthread.php?tid=24097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: very wierd akonadi - leszek - 11th November 2016

The folder in general has read/write permission? That's what is important.

RE: very wierd akonadi - jrasmussen - 11th November 2016

(11th November 2016, 18:08)leszek Wrote: The folder in general has read/write permission? That's what is important.

Sorry, just want to be clear--are you referring to the akonadi folder specifically?  If so, than yes, Owner and Group "Can View & Modify Content", Others "Can View Content".

Remove the error files and see if it works then. Tick the option in plasma-services and relogin (logout and back in)

(11th November 2016, 18:27)leszek Wrote: Remove the error files and see if it works then. Tick the option in plasma-services and relogin (logout and back in)

No luck--The three error files repopulate as soon as I tick the option in plasma-services (tried both relogging in and rebooting).  If I remove the error files and relogin or reboot without doing anything in plasma-services, 2 of the error files still repopulate (akonadi_control & akonadiserver...but not akonadictl until plasma-services option is ticked).  And still, when I check and apply akonadi in plasma-services, exit and come back, it is off again.
Would it make any sense to try and reinstall akonadi through synaptic?  If so which package/packages?
Thanks again for your time and patience with this issue!

Better report once more what those error logs show please.

(11th November 2016, 19:10)leszek Wrote: Better report once more what those error logs show please.

sorry--where do I find those?

The error files you mentioned in ~/.local/share/akonadi

(11th November 2016, 19:34)leszek Wrote: The error files you mentioned in ~/.local/share/akonadi

akonadi_control.error.old

Code:
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)Invalid Context= "panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Oranchelo/panel/22/"Application 'akonadiserver' exited normally...

akonadictl.error.old
-empty log

akonadiserver.error.old

Code:
Failed to use database "akonadi"Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"Failed to connect to database!Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.Failed to remove Unix socketFailed to remove runtime connection config file

RE: very wierd akonadi - jrasmussen - 15th November 2016

any further thoughts on this issue?

RE: very wierd akonadi - jrasmussen - 15th November 2016

Well, I do not know what changed, but all is working today! I was able to turn on akonadi in plasma-services, apply, and it stayed on. I then proceeded to add calendars to korganizer, activated the pim plugin in the clock/calendar widget, and everything is showing up. I hope it lasts, but for today I am very happy. Big Grin