Maui Forums
same old tearing problem on nvidia - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Software & Applications (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: same old tearing problem on nvidia (/showthread.php?tid=24125)

same old tearing problem on nvidia - MariusApo - 23rd November 2016

well,i use a desktop and my nvidia is a gtx 750 ti,the linux kernel that i have installed is the last 1 i found on the ubuntu ppa repo,4.8.9 (which did gaved me errors on kms of virtualbox but i uninstall them),the version of the nvidia driver that i have right now is 367 as i did got it thru the normal way in linux.The tearing problem i tryed to fix it googling around but nothing worked for me for a simple reason,all the fixes found r for laptops using that optimus thing,which is not my case,the other solution was for XFCE DE which i actually don't like it (megacity+compton),and i have another question,i did checked the info center,at graphical information,under opengl subsection and i have 2 unknown parts that i have no idea how to change them (maybe is a part of the tearing problem too ?) : 3d Accelerator unknown and Kernel module unknown,i can get as up as 375 nvidia driver that support my nvidia card,but i get same resolts....any solutions ? Oh,1 more thing to add,the tearing is only bothering me in firefox,when scrooling and watching movies,i didn't had tearing problems in games so far

RE: same old tearing problem on nvidia - rocky7x - 23rd November 2016

Have you read this thread and tried all configuration options from there?

https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread.php?tid=24037

I know it's for Optimus, but some of the things might work for normal nvidia as well...

RE: same old tearing problem on nvidia - MariusApo - 23rd November 2016

thanks,i do have the prime installed,i think it comes with the nvidia driver or anyway it does install with it too,but i have no options as it say there to chose to use nvidia only,that to me is chineese (sord of speak) coz i didn't found that option,and yes,i did tryed once with that bumblebee to but with no resolts,as is not ment to work on this kinda things like i have,yes i do have that vsync to black activated (it is that way by default),no,in bios i don't have options for nvidia coz is not part of the motherboard,so no options for that,that is only on laptops i believe),yes i do have the options in compositor as full repaint,no i don't have the file for triple buffer,i will try it out,and yet,is a question that still remain,why i have those 2 unknown ? what is that meaning ? i have no 3d acceleration ?

When I open Info center I have also 2 unknowns there, but all works OK, so I wouldn't bother with that much, if I were you Wink

well,i wont bother with that either now,but,i saw u wrote there that u had a kwin.sh with those 2 lines,i don't have that,or maybe i looked in the wrong place,but i made that file in the /etc/profile.d/ but not sure if i have to do more than that,maybe put it in startup or somethin ? to be loaded at first ? i am now goin to install the 375 driver,ik that all look different after that,is like the refresh is higher or that the colours r much intense...oh,i did downloaded the nvidia drivers from the nvidia site too,same version which comes as run file,but the last time i tryed to install it i got errors coz of the neauvo driver,coz of the incompatibility i think and it didn't installed,even after the driver did tryed to put a thing for it,don't remember what it was,a script file anyway and it didn't worked

Yes, the kwin.sh has to be created by you - it isn't there by default. Just give it 755 permissions (execute bit) and restart.

ooh,ok,another thing,do i have to install mesa 3d too ? does improve anything in any way ?

ps : i know that maui 2 comes with mesa 11.ish but i saw that is there a version 12.0.4 too and a newest 13.0.1-1 version (i didn't found a ppa for the last 1),but i saw a gallium nine thing and i have no idea if that will improve anything on nvidia card,even tho all i've read on the gallium nine page is just 1 reference on nvidia,but more on the other cards...
ps 2 : i did looked at system info and at graphics it shows mesa 3d : 0.0,curious that is not showing the 11.ish

RE: same old tearing problem on nvidia - leszek - 23rd November 2016

Mesa only comes into play when you are using the nouveau driver for nvidia not the nvidia proprietary driver.