Maui Forums
Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options.[SOLVED] - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options.[SOLVED] (/showthread.php?tid=24202)

Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options.[SOLVED] - karlheinrich - 3rd January 2017

I very recently upgraded my desktop computer and replaced the old motherboard and processor with Asus H110M-D & i5 core; 8GB RAM.

I re-installed Win7 and freshly installed Maui 2.1 "Blue Tang" (dual boot) and updated/upgraded Maui OS; Build Version:20161117.

KDE Plasma Version: 5.8.3
KDE Apps Version: 16.08.2
Framework Version: 5.27.0
Qt Version: 5.7.0
Kernel Version: 4.4.0-57 generic

When right-clicking on a vacant part of the desktop the dialogue box initially offered a Leave function but this feature has suddenly disappeared. Though pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del will still enable the 4 options.
How can I re-instate the Leave function in the dialog box?

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options. - kdemeoz - 3rd January 2017

Guten Tag Karl

Are these still set for you:

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options. - Pliny.D.Elder - 3rd January 2017

Right click /Desktop/Configure Desktop/Mouse Actions/Right Button/First square to the right of "Standard Menu" and before INFO and DELETE squares/Leave

You can then go to System-Settings/Startup and Shutdown/Desktop Session/Default Leave Option.
I keep mine on "End Current Session". Which will log out and from there you can reboot, Poweroff, or resign in to another session.
Or if you want to make a choice on the desktop, Select in General/Confirm Logout. Hope that's explicit enough.

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options. - karlheinrich - 3rd January 2017

(3rd January 2017, 7:06)kdemeoz Wrote: Guten Tag Karl

Are these still set for you:

Thanks for responding.
Yes, my settings correspond to ones posted in your attachment.

The advice as posted by Pliny.D.Elder has solved the issue.

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options. - karlheinrich - 3rd January 2017

(3rd January 2017, 8:21)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: Right click /Desktop/Configure Desktop/Mouse Actions/Right Button/First square to the right of "Standard Menu" and before INFO and DELETE squares/Leave

You can then go to System-Settings/Startup and Shutdown/Desktop Session/Default Leave Option.
I keep mine on "End Current Session". Which will log out and from there you can reboot, Poweroff, or resign in to another session.
Or if you want to make a choice on the desktop, Select in General/Confirm Logout. Hope that's explicit enough.

Thanks for the detailed 'walk-through'.
I'll mark this post as [SOLVED].

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options. - kdemeoz - 3rd January 2017

Pliny.D.E. has the advantage of thousands of years of wisdom. Lucky for you though that it was not Pliny.D.Younger who replied instead, otherwise who knows what the quality of advice might have been!

RE: Log out, Reboot, Shutdown Options.[SOLVED] - Pliny.D.Elder - 3rd January 2017

(3rd January 2017, 9:00)kdemeoz Wrote: Pliny.D.E. has the advantage of thousands of years of wisdom. Lucky for you though that it was not Pliny.D.Younger who replied instead, otherwise who knows what the quality of advice might have been!

Hear ! Hear ! .............