Maui Forums
Maui Core - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Feedback (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Thread: Maui Core (/showthread.php?tid=24355)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Maui Core - leszek - 6th July 2017

A core edition would be nothing else then KDE Neon with a different theming.

RE: Maui Core - vitamin - 6th July 2017

(6th July 2017, 11:13)leszek Wrote: A core edition would be nothing else then KDE Neon with a different theming.

is it possible to install your "disable plasma services" plugin into kde neon or an other kde distro?

On kde-neon it should be possible. Other distros need a compiled package. Debian one is provided by Netrunner for Opensuse and others it needs manually compiling

and for kubuntu or mint ?

RE: Maui Core - kdemeoz - 6th July 2017

I find this thread rather interesting.

At the risk of me being summarily thrown out of the Maui Club, &/or excommunicated, burned at the stake, hung drawn & quartered, i thought i might throw this little mention in...

I continue to love Maui. I continue to think it's a brilliant balance of stability & progress, + the Devs have been thoughtful & wise in how they've packaged it all together. It results in a simply outstanding user experience. But...

...but... as the weeks have stretched out since Plasma 5.10.x became available elsewhere, & i played with it in my Tower's Neon VM [within Maui 17.03], & decided that i really really "need" it, i found myself becoming a bit, um, i don't want this to sound mean or nasty, but a bit disappointed to still be on 5.9.3 in Maui. So, i had an affair, yes, i have been unfaithful, teehee. I went over the other side of the hill, to a scary intimidating land, way beyond the comforting familiar *buntu/Debian base, to the land of openSUSE KDE. 

This adventure began in mid-May, with Tumbleweed & Leap VMs in Tower. Leap really does not interest me; older Plasma & Applications than Maui, so no killer argument for it IMO. Conversely TW... TW has blown me away... it's astounding! It impressed me so much that now, only one of my pc's still runs Maui [Tower]; Lappy now runs TW KDE. Maui has given me, until discovering TW, indisputably THE best KDE/Plasma user-experience of all the many distros i've tried since 2013. To repeat, Maui is brilliant. But [sorry], with TW i am getting an even better Plasma5 experience. 

I never imagined i would ever go within 100 km of any rolling-release distro; indeed the idea quite petrified me (i visualised my OS breaking every day or every other day, & causing me endless grief]. What changed my mind on rolling-release vs LTS: discovering openQA, Btrfs, & Snapper, ie, discovering TW.

Now, i feel really badly torn... Maui or TW? TW or Maui? I am extremely keenly awaiting the arrival of Maui 17.06 to see its deployment of Plasma 5.10.x, & then be able to directly compare its performance against TW's 5.10.3 [=current, but it will keep advancing]. Out of that comparison i'll be able to decide... if Lappy will come back to Maui, or if Tower will also go to TW. 

I mean, just how fabulous truly is the Linux world, when we have the privilege of agonising over competing Really Excellent distros. Exciting!

(6th July 2017, 12:04)vitamin@posteo.de Wrote: and for kubuntu or mint ?

Something you need to try out. They usually ship with an older Qt 5 and Plasma version so it might not work there. 

(6th July 2017, 13:59)leszek Wrote:
(6th July 2017, 12:04)vitamin@posteo.de Wrote: and for kubuntu or mint ?

Something you need to try out. They usually ship with an older Qt 5 and Plasma version so it might not work there. 

Ok Big Grin since i can't pm you. is it possible to change my nickname to just "vitamin" ?

Does not seem to be possible

(6th July 2017, 15:45)leszek Wrote: Does not seem to be possible

Then please delete my account.

I am just a moderator not an administrator. I don't have the rights to do this.
Usually you should be able to do it yourself though.