Maui Forums
(Fixed) Quicklaunch Widget - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: (Fixed) Quicklaunch Widget (/showthread.php?tid=24360)

(Fixed) Quicklaunch Widget - Chelle - 8th April 2017

I've been using the quicklaunch widget with two application launchers in it.  Up until recently, both launchers worked just fine.  Now only one does.  The other one still opens and runs just fine, but I have to hunt it down through dolphin to open it.

If I click on the launcher, it shows the icon in the taskbar, with the white circle showing it's loading, but then shuts before ever opening a window.  

I tried removing it and then creating a new one, and still have the same problem.  The one that works is an app I installed via synaptic, and so shows up in the Apps & Docs menu, while the one that doesn't was installed from the app's website.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  It didn't used to.  

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make my launcher work again?  As I said above, the app itself runs fine, just the launcher seems to be broken.

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - leszek - 8th April 2017

Quote: I don't know if that makes a difference or not. It didn't used to.
Might be the root cause of this issue.

Can you take a look at ~/.xsession-errors to see if it logged any error message regarding that launcher ?

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - Chelle - 9th April 2017

kdeinit5: Got EXT_EXEC '/home/chelle/Programs/elephant/elephantapp.jar' from launcher.
kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/home/chelle/Programs/elephant/elephantapp.jar'
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 7917, resource id: 75497472, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
invalid file (bad magic number): Exec format error
kdeinit5: PID 9737 terminated.
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 7921, resource id: 75497473, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 8159, resource id: 50598140, major code: 3 (GetWindowAttributes), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 9106, resource id: 50598559, major code: 3 (GetWindowAttributes), minor code: 0

Here is where I tried to open the app using the launcher. I'm not sure if all those errors apply to that or just the first one.

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - leszek - 9th April 2017

This is the actual error
Code:
invalid file (bad magic number): Exec format error

The qxcb errors are to ignore here.
What exec line do you have in your .desktop launcher file?

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - Chelle - 10th April 2017

Under Application / Command, I have this:
/home/chelle/Programs/elephant/elephantapp.jar

If I navigate there in dolphin, and double-click on elephantapp.jar, it runs.

This - /home/chelle/.local/share/applications - is under General / Location. If I navigate to that location and click on the elephantapp icon, it behaves exactly as the launcher does - acts like it is starting to open, but does not.

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - leszek - 10th April 2017

Ah ok now I get it. The jar file isn't an executable file.
For the exec line you need to prepend java -jar before the path to the jar filem
That should make it work.

RE: Quicklaunch Widget - Chelle - 10th April 2017

Awesome, thank you. Smile