Maui Forums
File Manager - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: File Manager (/showthread.php?tid=24673)

File Manager - wonder - 11th December 2017

Hello.
Since some version of plasma (now, I don't remember) the root options don't work.
In others distros I view that, since some version of plasma, contain a File Manager (same icon of Dolphin) but with the name "File Manager". With this file manager, all its open like/with root options.
In Maui, I don't view this package.
Its possible install?

Thanks and regards!

RE: File Manager - leszek - 12th December 2017

I am not sure what you mean. The root options we offer by default should work just fine.

RE: File Manager - wonder - 12th December 2017

No, the root options in services in Dolphin, not work (dolphin, left click in mouse and root options like open folder or file) not works.
That I indicate above about File Manager, I attach 3 screenshots about this file manager:
In this first image, appears Dolphin and File Manager in the menu:
[Image: dolphin.png]

In this second image, properties about this package:
[Image: dolphin2.png]

And also, in this third image, more properties:
[Image: dolphin3.png]

Thanks and regards!

You aren't allowed to launch dolphin as root since version 17.04 or 17.08

Are the same versions.
My laptop on I have File Manager (Dolphin as root) have a version 17.08.3

And the version of Dolphin in my tower with Maui, have the same version, 17.08.3.

Like I said dolphin disallows to be launched as root as does kate since a few versions. There is nothing we can do about it.

Ok, but its strange, in other distro (I remember neon and suse) I can launched dolphin as root...

But I view that, if I open a some file text (for example, fstab) when I made some change and go to save, prompt root password.
With this, is perfect for me.

Yeah this will change. Dolphin and Kate will use policykit in the future to do administrative tasks. They themselfs however cannot run as root.

(12th December 2017, 18:58)leszek Wrote: Yeah this will change. Dolphin and Kate will use policykit in the future to do administrative tasks. They themselfs however cannot run as root.

Ohh, ok.
At the moment, for me works fine, open some file (like fstab from /etc) and when I go to save, prompt password root and then save fine, for me its perfect, because left mouse click and root options (open...) don't work.

Thank you very much!!

Yeah kate apparently has that integration already. Dolphin misses it still.