Maui Forums
Network folder - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Network folder (/showthread.php?tid=24675)

Pages: 1 2 3

Network folder - wonder - 12th December 2017

Hello.
We have a network folder in user folder.
In this folder, we have "Add Network Drive".
Well, I click, add my network drive, its my router, with this url:
smb://192.168.0.1/folder1
The first time I add, appears and works fine, appears in left panel of dolphin.
But when restart computer, dissapears.
I access to network folder, and then, click in new folder create to my router, but empty screen.

Can help me?

Regards!

RE: Network folder - leszek - 12th December 2017

Do you have any error message in ~/.xsession-errors ?
Is there any error message when running samba-mounter from the terminal?

RE: Network folder - wonder - 13th December 2017

Sorry, I don't know how view this...
(12th December 2017, 23:26)leszek Wrote: Do you have any error message in ~/.xsession-errors ?
Is there any error message when running samba-mounter from the terminal?

I don't know how view ~/.xsession-errors and also, samba-mounter in terminal appears the order was not found.

Regards.

RE: Network folder - leszek - 13th December 2017

The ~/.xsession-errors file is a normal txt log file. You can view it with a simple text editor. It lists all errors reported by graphical applications that aren't shown as an error dialog or even for crashed applications.
I suggest opening that file and having a look if you find samba, samba-mounter or cifs references that might helping resolve this issue.

As for samba-mounter that is the application name of the application to mount smb network shares linked in the network folder on the desktop. The command itself might be called differently (I don't know it from the top of my head)

(13th December 2017, 2:19)leszek Wrote: The ~/.xsession-errors file is a normal txt log file. You can view it with a simple text editor. It lists all errors reported by graphical applications that aren't shown as an error dialog or even for crashed applications.
I suggest opening that file and having a look if you find samba, samba-mounter or cifs references that might helping resolve this issue.
Ok. But I don't view or localice ~/.xsession-errors file...

Quote:As for samba-mounter that is the application name of the application to mount smb network shares linked in the network folder on the desktop. The command itself might be called differently (I don't know it from the top of my head)
Ok, but also, I don't know what command I need execute in terminal for view if have some error (sorry if I not explained well).
If execute in terminal "samba-mounter" appear that I indicate in my last reply.

Thank you!

The ~/.xsession-errors file is a hidden file (every file with a dot at the beginning is hidden by default)
You can make it visible by showing hidden files in the file manager dolphin (It has a button for this in the toolbar)
~ is a character that is used to represent the current home folder of your user (e.g. /home/wonder)

(13th December 2017, 10:46)leszek Wrote: The ~/.xsession-errors file is a hidden file (every file with a dot at the beginning is hidden by default)
You can make it visible by showing hidden files in the file manager dolphin (It has a button for this in the toolbar)
Yes, I know that, all files or folders with . are hidden.
I have configured my dolphin for view hidden files/folders Smile
Quote:~ is a character that is used to represent the current home folder of your user (e.g. /home/wonder)
Thanks for help, ~ is a character that is used to represent the current home folder of your user, I don't know/remember this, thanks Smile

Ok, I open this file and search by "samba"
This files I view with "samba":

Code:
ksmserver: Starting autostart service  "/etc/xdg/autostart/sambamounter.desktop"
ksmserver: autostart service ("/usr/bin/samba-onstart") finished with exit code  0
The 2 lines above, are repeat some times.

Code:
fullSambaUrl "smb://192.168.0.1/folder1" sambaDir: "/folder1"
Mounting samba:  "smb://192.168.0.1/folder1-/home/ariadna/Network/TP-Link"
error while executing "Couldn't find action 'org.kde.sambamounter.mount'"
inotify_add_watch("/run/samba/ncalrpc/np") failed: "Permission denied"
kf5.kio.core: "No se ha podido entrar en la carpeta /run/samba/ncalrpc/np."
kf5.kio.core: "El archivo o carpeta samba/ldb no existe."

Thanks!

Can you try reinstalling samba-mounter please.

Quote:error while executing "Couldn't find action 'org.kde.sambamounter.mount'"
looks like some dbus service stuff is missing.

Ok but, its possible solved this?
This error its "big" for me, I don't know how solved this...

Thanks!!

Have you tried reinstalling it already?