Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maui is looking great! I have it running in two VMs to test software, and so far I have had zero issues.
I have been running Neon a bit on my main machine, and I'm excited to get back to Netrunner, though the name has changed!
Thanks for all your work on the distro!
I'm downloading it now. I do agree with some of the comments left on the Netrunner forum about the name. Netrunner is definitely a cooler name that Maui, but from what I see already on this forum site is that Starbuck and Leszek are very active on the forums, just like they always have been on the Netrunner forum. And the support they provide the community alongside how great Netrunner has always been for me, I foresee it to be another great project. I'm excited to try it out as well.
I left netrunner for while but happy to comeback. So far all running great , very nice job !!!
Thanks a bunch
I always seemed to run into issues with the old Netrunner but when they migrated to NEON I wanted to try it again and I'm so glad I did. I tried the NEON iso when that first became available but it just didn't seem to be quite right; this though is much more like it. So yes I'm so glad I came back also.

I've been using it now for about a week and settled in nicely enjoying the latest KDE Plasma and a nice stable base. For me this is a much better idea than those Arch based distros; for me they always seem to eventually break and not ideal for a workhorse machine. You never know I may migrate all my desktop machines from openSUSE.... which, from me, is a very big compliment.
thanks for the feedback!
please note both neon and maui are relatively new projects, but we're doing our best working closely together to solve any outstanding issues.

for even more conservative usecases, we are thinking about introducing one other maui "twinsister" variant where we control any intermediate upstream directly ourselves, which could, depending on the usecase scenario, be even more relaxing if initial installed system works fine.
I’m very exited to see Maui becoming such a fantastic drisro. It is loaded with everything that you need and use every day right out of box! I have it installed on several computers so far, including my work computer, and loving it. I would like to suggest if possible to implement a better hardware detection for NVIDIA, and ATI drivers. Perhaps you can offer a free, and a non-free version like Manjaro during the installation. For some reason I was not able to make it work on my HP 750-NVIDA GTX 745. I have Manjaro running at the moment without any issues. I also tested Linux Mint 18 KDE Beta, and it ran fine without any problem.

Overall Maui is a solid fantastic dristo that I can rely on without being afraid of updating! I’m done with a rolling release distros, as they are not reliable long term. Soon or later you have to reinstall, unless you’re a guru! I’m switching to Maui one by one if my other computers break after an update! The only problem is the driver issue. So I hope Maui will integrate to have a better driver detection for NVIDIA and
ATI. 
A BIG THANKS to everyone involved with Netrunner, and now Maui!!  Smile 
Maui's an interesting direction for Netrunner to change to. The Rolling version has been a great distro for one of my systems for almost two years. I really like it and was fairly sceptical when the Maui announcement was made. Maybe no more Netrunner Rolling... At the same time, I have an older laptop that runs Lite using xfce and based on Ubuntu LTS. It's been a great distro for everyday use for over 3 years. A rolling plasma running on a LTS base makes a great deal of sense and Neon had already caught my attention because of that.

I have a second desktop that was running Mint 17.3 KDE and I'd begun experimenting with installing Neon or Manjaro on it, to upgrade to Plasma. Considering Maui is Neon with the Netrunner goodies preconfigured, I decided I might as well just try  a full hardware install of Maui. I have to admit my scepticism has been replaced with exitement like the comments above!  Well done Maui team!

A straight forward install, good package choices, stable system after a couple updates. Most of the goodness I enjoy with Rolling. Surprised when the mint updater popped up in the panel. Smile I'm fine with Synaptic. Added Clementine vs gmusicbrowser. Themed it to my preferences from using Netrunner Rolling and having a great time using it!