Maui Forums

Full Version: Installation on UEFI system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tried to install MAUI on my computer together with a previously installed Windows 10 system for a dual boot. Did not work, the uefi boot menu becomes corrupted. Have tried the latest Neon (v5.7.3) and that worked, a dual boot was created. Glad if you could correct this as soon as possible, thanks.
/ T Nilzon, Sweden
See also my answer in the comments section of the blogpost.

Did you try disabling UEFI secure boot ?
As Maui ships with a newer kernel which isn't signed for UEFI secure boot I would recommend disabling secure boot.
Secure boot is disabled. The Maui live usb boots fine, but when installed it fails booting. This is what is displayed at boot after a fresh install of Maui:

GNU GRUB version 2.02¨beta2-36ubuntu3.2

Minimal BASH-like editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions.

grub> _

I am stuck at this window, and can not boot Maui or Windows. Also tried a boot repair from a live usb, but with no luck. Any idea how to fix this??

The logfile from boot-repair can be found here

http://paste2.org/fkHVVAFm

note: Maui is installed at sda5 and Windows at sda4

Please assist me with what to do, thanks.
You should be able with UEFI to choose what system you want to boot still and this should allow you to boot for example ubuntu if you have that installed. If the grub from Maui is not working for you reinstalling the one or refreshing the one from Ubuntu should also give you the option to boot Maui
What you suggest is an ugly workaround. The Maui install iso should work out of the box (even on an uefi computer with a previously installed Win 10) to install, and should start with a grub2 operating system selection (Maui or Win 10) page after a reboot. Please fix this, thanks!

/ Tomas Nilzon, Sweden
This is strange, as Maui is based on Kubuntu. Kubuntu just installs fine on my computer with booting on uefi without any problem, but not Maui. What could possibly be the cause of this?

To the Maui-team: Could you please release a new version of the Maui install iso, where this boot problem on uefi has been solved?

Many thanks/ Tomas Nilzon, Sweden
Maui is NOT based on kubuntu, it is based on Neon..
(20th August 2016, 16:37)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Maui is NOT based on kubuntu, it is based on Neon..

OK, my mistake sorry. But that does not change anything. I am now using Neon, and that too installed perfectly. Do you have any clue...?

/ nilzon
UPDATE:

I can now recall when I tried Neon for about a month ago, and that version THEN present on the Neon download website did actually NOT booted on uefi. In fact there was some information on their site how to copy the uefi files from a kubuntu iso and put them in the Neon iso to fix this. But the Neon-install iso I downloaded yesterday did install perfectly on uefi, so it has been added. There is the reason why the present Maui version do not install on uefi systems.

Perhaps now if you the Maui-team, could be so kind to release a new Maui-install iso based on the LATEST Neon version, and then this issue would be fixed!

Thanks (in advance)/ Tomas Nilzon, Sweden
I have same problem, any update or workaround regarding this issue?
This problem is annoying, at least there should be a notice in the realease info about this problem. Now i can't work because i can't boot to anywhere.
Pages: 1 2