Maui Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from Netrunner 17 -> Maui 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay.  I think I understand the Netrunner/Maui road map going forward.

But I've never upgraded a Linux distro before.  What's the suggested way?  

(yes, I know.  back up all documents, music, etc. uzw.)

Do I download Maui & let the ISO figure things out?  Or do I create a separate partition for Maui, install it there, and then blow away my Netrunner 17 partition?

I plan on waiting a little while for any major bugs to get ironed out, but a little bit of guidance would help vastly.

Thanks!
Netrunner was based on Kubuntu
Maui is based on Neon.

The best thing to do would be to backup your data (home directory) and reinstall.
If reinstalling is the "best" way - can I please have a guide to the other way? It MUST be possible.
(20th August 2016, 16:50)Kurtbw Wrote: [ -> ]Okay.  I think I understand the Netrunner/Maui road map going forward.

But I've never upgraded a Linux distro before.  What's the suggested way?  

(yes, I know.  back up all documents, music, etc. uzw.)

Do I download Maui & let the ISO figure things out?  Or do I create a separate partition for Maui, install it there, and then blow away my Netrunner 17 partition?

I plan on waiting a little while for any major bugs to get ironed out, but a little bit of guidance would help vastly.

Thanks!

Okay.  I have Maui 1 up and running, all seems well.  Went with the default settings, and simply gave the entire drive to Maui after backing up stuff.  No glitches with the installer.
One other thing:  in updating after installation, I'm on the KDE frameworks version 5.26.0.

I don't think this matters, as from what you folks are telling us, we are supposed to get the latest KDE goodies on a rolling basis.  

Just mentioning this for completeness.   Smile