Maui Forums

Full Version: Alignment Grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
suddenly I got an "Alignment Grid" on my monitor. I have never before seen. Please look at the attached picture Alignment Grid02.jpg. The mouse does not go over the small blue field on the right bottom to press on "Exit". At first I thought it might come from the UEFI BIOS. But there is nothing related to such a thing. I was looking in the System Settings. I noticed that there is not button for choosing the graphic card driver. How can I change the  graphic card driver if I wish to do that? 
And more important how can I eliminate this Alignment Grid from the surface?
Please find the information about my system on attachment Screenshot_1608190.jpg.
Kind regards,
Sigurd
HI,
I am sorry. It was my ASUS monitor. It has a "QuickFit Device". That makes such a Grid. Why this started? I don't know. On Monday I will ask ASUS Service.
Kind regards,
Sigurd
One of the buttons on the monitor got pushed, that is all.
(21st August 2016, 15:53)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]One of the buttons on the monitor got pushed, that is all.

Hi,
you're probably right. But there is still no way to see how I can change the graphics card driver. Nouveau is the driver you can see in the settings. In Netrunner 17 was a button for changing to an NVIDIA driver. Is this no longer possible? Are there problems with Maui 1 and other graphics card drivers?
Kind regards,
Sigurd
The issue is with the driver manager application, which requires older libraries than the ones that are installed with Maui.
You just need to use synaptic to install the correct nvidia driver for you hardware.
Okay, that's a way to do it. I found the driver there.
Problem solved.
Kind regards,
Sigurd