Maui Forums

Full Version: How do I change the colors used in applications?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@fredhound:
What window Decoration are you using in that example?
Some window decorations have fixed colors, so they do not change with the color schemes.
E.g. Breeze Window Decoration does and should, can you test that?
I tested the Breeze theme with the same results. You cannot modify the "Active Title Bar", or "Active Title Bar Text". You're limited to chose a theme in Windows Decoration, or download new decorations, by clicking the "Get New Decorations" button. In fact I have downloaded the Chrome theme, and that's what I'm using right now.
(27th August 2016, 1:27)fredhoud Wrote: [ -> ]I tested the Breeze theme with the same results. You cannot modify the "Active Title Bar", or "Active Title Bar Text". You're limited to chose a theme in Windows Decoration, or download new decorations, by clicking the "Get New Decorations" button. In fact I have downloaded the Chrome theme, and that's what I'm using right now.

Perhaps could i indicate the solution I used for that problem.

First i choose Karc as windows decoration.
The karc theme is in user/.local/share/aurorae/themes
It consist of several file. The one of interest for introduction of modification of colors of Title bar is decoration.svg.
It can be edited using kate. Its apparently an xml file.
The sections of interest are at the end (starting line 17485) they describe the decoration of windows.
I checked the color html code of the initial file (#e7e8eb) describing the title bar and borders of windows.
I sustituted all occurences (24) of #e7e8eb by the color i want (#d6d5d0).

Then using the system settings tools for colors i adjust colors of background button to the one i choose (#d6d5d0).
For text colors i edit the Karcrc file and change the ActiveTextColor line to the one I want.

Thus I have a window decoration as i wish.
Pages: 1 2