Maui Forums

Full Version: Gparted bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I formated a usn stick with gparted on maui. Windows 7 didn't recognize it.
I found a simple solution, Install KDE partition manager and mi usb was recognized it on windows.
I recommend widely KDE partition manager, more intuitive, more easy, more robust than gparted, and without bugs.
(25th August 2016, 18:29)chipola Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I formated a usn stick with gparted on maui. Windows 7 didn't recognize it.
I found a simple solution, Install KDE partition manager and mi usb was recognized it on windows.
I recommend widely KDE partition manager, more intuitive, more easy, more robust than gparted, and without bugs.

Are you sure about this? Gparted is wellknown for his robustness. 

Ciao!

Dieter
kpartitionmanager has had some recent development, so long term we are evaluating replacing gparted with kpartitionmanager, also eventually synaptic with recent renewed development of muon package manager.
Both are great qt tools, just lacking a tiny bit behind their gtk counterparts, so if they are good enough, we like to prefer them for best integration.
(26th August 2016, 17:06)Pfiff Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th August 2016, 18:29)chipola Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I formated a usn stick with gparted on maui. Windows 7 didn't recognize it.

Are you sure about this? Gparted is wellknown for his robustness. 

Ciao!

Dieter

Im sure %100
Yes, a few days ago, with a Live distro, I use gparted for made new partition and format a usb pen, windows didn't recognize it, or simply, not made any change.
I was need use other soft for create new partition and format this usb pen.
But I was think that, the cause, are because I was use a live distro.
(17th October 2016, 1:44)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, a few days ago, with a Live distro, I use gparted for made new partition and format a usb pen, windows didn't recognize it, or simply, not made any change.
I was need use other soft for create new partition and format this usb pen.
But I was think that, the cause, are because I was use a live distro.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps maybe after you made the changes in gparted you forgot to hit the apply all operations check maybe?or you formated it to a file system windows does not recognize?.. We do a lot of partition editing / formatting of hdds at my work and gparted has always been our goto program. Even if its a windows related drive. We also do a lot of file transfers from windows to linux and vice versa and the only issue that occurs is that every time a flash drive was last used on linux and you hook it up to windows, some disk warning comes up saying that window needs to scan the drive for errors, I usually just X out of it but sometimes i let it check it and it never finds any errors, But anyway I've never once had the problem you described. Gparted has always been pretty reliable.
and we run it off live distros too, usually porteus on usb or some random buntu based live cd
Yes, after all changes, I click in apply Wink

My problem isn't recognized by windows the usb pen, my problem was that, after a resize, format and other changes, after apply, the changes not are.
I also used a lot of times gpartes, and for me, the best, but in my lasts uses with gparted, I have this problems.