Maui Forums

Full Version: touch pad freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(7th September 2016, 6:50)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, does solydk use xf86-input-synaptics or xf86-input-libinput for the touchpad?

Not sure about it but I will find that out
(7th September 2016, 7:00)claude Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th September 2016, 6:50)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, does solydk use xf86-input-synaptics or xf86-input-libinput for the touchpad?

Not sure about it but I will find that out

The synaptic Xorg driver in being superseded by the newer libinput driver, which can provide lower-level access to multi touch events to clients, but is currently lacking some features found in the older driver.

The synaptics driver is provided by xserver-xorg-input-synaptics. The libinput driver is provided by xserver-xorg-input-libinput.
hi guys. I'm having the same issue. Also an HP Pavilion but a different model. My wi-fi also would not work after resume but I found the resolution for that in an Ubuntu forum. It involved creating a configuration file to tell the wi-fi to wake up after suspend.

However I cannot find any similar resolution for the touchpad. A normal mouse still works fine but not the touchpad.

Only a reboot resolves the issue. Even a log out does not resolve it. As I'm quite new to Linux (6 months approx.) I do not have the fu to resolve it so any assistance by the experienced guys and gals would be appreciated. thanks
I think this bug was fixed upstream now with a new kernel.
Reading the changelog for 4.4.28 the elantech and i8042 got an update to prevent freezing the touchpad after a suspend: https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/...Log-4.4.28

I hope this update lands in the ubuntu kernel soon aswell.
(2nd November 2016, 11:22)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I think this bug was fixed upstream now with a new kernel.
Reading the changelog for 4.4.28 the elantech and i8042 got an update to prevent freezing the touchpad after a suspend: https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/...Log-4.4.28

I hope this update lands in the ubuntu kernel soon aswell.

OK. Thanks
Its all good with Maui 2, no more touch pad freeze Smile
Pages: 1 2