Maui Forums

Full Version: Which KDE annoyances does this distro solve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to switch from Kubuntu. Which of these KDE problems does Maui solve?
* no font rendering issue
* multimonitoring should work (most of the issues are fixed)
* discover isn't shipped by default (we ship synaptic packagemanager and will evaluate discover for future usage)
* ksuperkey is shipped by default
* plasma-volume-control ships with the ability to control volume per app
* driver-manager has been fixed (you need to update your system for it to be installed as it isn't shipped on the Maui 1 ISO, we are planning to ship it on Maui 2)

Hope that helps.
The best way is to download the ISO and try it for yourself.
Not implemented as 'unconfirmed' and no one seemed to have been working on it.
(7th September 2016, 20:59)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]* no font rendering issue
* multimonitoring should work (most of the issues are fixed)
* discover isn't shipped by default (we ship synaptic packagemanager and will evaluate discover for future usage)
* ksuperkey is shipped by default
* plasma-volume-control ships with the ability to control volume per app
* driver-manager has been fixed (you need to update your system for it to be installed as it isn't shipped on the Maui 1 ISO, we are planning to ship it on Maui 2)

Hope that helps.
The best way is to download the ISO and try it for yourself.

Please do drop Discover! Every time I try to use it to remove packages it causes a KWin crash. I have installed Muon package manager along side Synaptic and neither of those cause crash removing packages. Otherwise Maui is becoming my favorite KDE distro.
We don't ship discover by default.
We are evaluating it for future inclusion in newer versions.
(27th November 2016, 17:10)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]We don't ship discover by default.
We are evaluating it for future inclusion in newer versions.

Upon a check of how Discover gets installed it is added when Neon repository is enabled and update/upgrade is performed. Sorry for not doing a thorough check before posting. Keep up the great work!
Yeah, some dependencies from neon side that force discover as part of plasma. Maybe we can convince the neon packagers to not hard-wire the dep in the future.
We also had some left over package some discover-common package on the Maui 1 ISO which could cause the pulling of the whole discover package again on updating.
This was a mistake on the Maui 1 ISOs and fixed in all Maui 2 ISOs.