Maui Forums

Full Version: File Transfer causes temporary freeze !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the file transfer (cut and past 40-50 jpg pictures from one folder to an other in the internal hard disk) with one dolphin window opened, I noticed that the panel was entirely "frozen" (cligking with the mouse on to the panel icons/application starters : menu icon / firefox icon etc.- it did nothing !!), until I could see a (plasma) message that the trasportation of the files was done!! The problem occurs every time and it is very easy to reproduce it if, you trasnfer some files keeping the dolphin opened.
Thanks a lot !
I cannot reproduce that here.
Maybe it is hardware related. What disk are you using hdd or ssd ?
Are hot keys (key combinations) like alt+f2 still working during the copy progress?
This sounds like a hardware IO issue, could you post some information about your system, like make, model, chipset, CPU, GPU, etc.
[code]inxi -F[.code]

Some manufacturer will often hard code their IO chips to use conservative read, write speeds that can cause these kinds of slowdowns.
Depending on the age and/or type of chips they are, this can be more or less prevalent and noticeable.
@Leszek , @AJSlye
Thank you very much for your immediate responce !!
I can see the above problem I reported only if Dolphin remains opened after and during the cut and paste procedure . It seems that if I close dolphin immediately after the cut & past command , the problem is actually not noticeable (or...there is no problem) and I got the message that the file transfer has done very-very soon !!
Perhaps it is a hardware issue on my Pc because it is an old one.
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E 8400 / 2x3 Ghz
Ram 8 GB
Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT (with the recommended NVIDIA 340 drivers).
Mother Board : Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5
I use an SSD Disk for the MAUI OS but these icon files I transfer are in a HDD (ext4) disk. (Every day I run a "sudo fstrim -v /" command and I close carefully the konsole application typing "exit" !!!!
I have also stopped the search and indexing files service.
Alt+F2 generally is not working to me. I will try something else .
This is the entry I have added to the fstab in order to mount the hard disk I have the files :
UUID=...................................... /media/fanisatt/DATA ext4 rw 0 0
You might also try disabling or adjusting the compositor, just in case it's also partially a GUI issue.
(26th September 2016, 15:43)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]You might also try disabling or adjusting the compositor, just in case it's also partially a GUI issue.

Thanks AJSLye !
I shall see it too.