Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Plasma 5.8.0 upgrade tonight - KInfocentre bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight my P 5.7.5 upgraded to 5.8.0. I've already found a few nice things that now work better, but also one obvious bug. KInfocentre now does not display correctly.

[attachment=1030]
Is the entry in systemsettings or the My Computer icon on the desktop working ?
edit:
We work on a fix.
(4th October 2016, 16:31)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Is the entry in systemsettings or the My Computer icon on the desktop working ?
edit:
We work on a fix.

The My Computer desktop icon seems to have vanished since the update. In System Settings the identical faulty result appears as the picture i previously showed.

Another bug with 5.8.0: the Activities Manager now only shows black thumbnails for each of my Activities, not their actual Wallpapers. 

EDIT: I just launched one of my Maui VMs [made for evaluation purposes before i decided to proceed with my recent Tower OS upgrade to Maui]. I forced it to update, & once it also became Plasma 5.8.0, its My Computer desktop icon remained visible. However, double-clicking it simply generated a process in the Task Bar that tried to run, but self-aborted. 
Add a new thread for other bugs please.
Its better for keeping track for us and other users.

For the issue itself. It is now fixed with an update to kcm-about-extended package.
I guess it was removed for you because of dependency issues with the new kwin libraries.
Please reinstall it with its newest version and everything should work again regarding "About" "My Computer" and systemsettings.
Works now, thanx! Wink
(5th October 2016, 10:52)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]Works now, thanx!  Wink

Now great again here too -- thanks leszek, you guys rock!
I had the same issue and this fixed it. Thanks, leszek!
Me too. Thanks leszek !
Gracias por fin solucionado Big Grin  Big Grin
Many thanks. Fix worked for me too!