Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget doesn't show PIM events anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

After upgrade to Plasma 5.8.0, the calendar widget in the system tray doesn't show PIM events anymore. I have triple-checked that the PIM plug-in is enabled and that the calendar has events (I can see them in KOrganizer), but they don't show up in the widget. They were there before the update though. Any idea?
Please double check the widget and if it is configured correctly. First in the Calendar section the PIM Events Plugin needs to be active.
Then in the PIM Events Plugin you must have the correct calendar checked aswell.
Yep, that's already done, I've checked it multiple times, I've tried to remove and re-add the widget, tried to disable/enable the plugin - nothing works... Does it work for you?
Yes it works for me.
Make sure Akonadi is checked on in systemsettings -> Plasma Services.
OK, I've tried to create a new test user and it works in it. How can I reset the configuration of the calendar widget or thing behind it?
Open ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

look for the line
plugin=org.kde.plasma.calendar

(or possibly digitialclock, if that's where the calendar is)

This will be in a section that looks like:
[Containments][8][Applets][14]

but the numbers will be different

Then fine the matching group

[Containments][8][Applets][14][General]

where the numbers matched your numbers from above.
and delete that section
My Calendar widget is working now in 5.8.0 but was not in 5.7.5; ie, the exact opposite situation to OP, it seems. My question is slightly tangential -- how can i make the calendar in this widget show weeks commencing Mondays, not Sundays as it currently does, pls?

EDIT -- 11 Oct 2016 -- I've now moved my enquiry to new dedicated thread, "Plasma 5.8.0 - Calendar widget shows wrong week start day".
Tried it, the widget disappeared, then I added it again, but it still doesn't work :-( I can see only holidays in it, the PIM entries are missing.
OK tried to use it for a while with the new user and the behavior is this:
1. when I set it up with the new user it works
2. after logout/login, the calendar entries disappear, but I can see in settings that the calendar has been disabled
3. when I enable it again, the entries DO NOT show - the behavior is similar to the old user before - I can do anything, I'm not able to get the entries back into the calendar widget.
Tried it with the newly installed Maui in virtualbox and the behavior is the same. Works like this:
1. install Maui
2. enable akonadi
3. create a new calendar in KOrganizer from an ICS file - shows OK
4. in the calendar widget, enable Holidays and PIM plugins
5. set holidays to some country
6. enable calendar in PIM plugin settings
7. All shows OK
8. Logout/login
9. At the login an error pops up about some entries from calendar missing - can just click OK
10. check the widget no entries, just holidays
11. open up the settings and find out that the calendar is disabled in the PIM plugin setting
12. enable the calendar again, but now no entries show up
13. from this moment I can do whatever, I'm not able to get the entries to show up in the calendar widget - they show up OK in KOrganizer
Pages: 1 2 3