Maui Forums

Full Version: Plasma 5.8 Clock font small and panel resize broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me too ! I confirm the above bug .
Can be fixed with removing maui-plasma5-shells package and relogin. See https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread....7#pid39627
I confirm that the Height can be adjusted when the package is removed. So that issue is solved for me.
For me too, this issue is solved.

Dieter
The above solution worked for me in that I was able to readjust panel height, however it did not fix the very small clock font. It is an annoying issue. It only happened since I updated the system last. Is anyone else still having this issue?
Yeah my clock font is small too
What about changing the font family or change it to bold? Does it change anything?
This is NOT a solution to whatever is the underlying code root cause, but i offer this as a possible WORKAROUND, for the difficulty with the default Digital Clock widget fonts [for which i did first spend yonks trying a multitude of alternative fonts, some of which made marginal improvements but not to total satisfaction]. I'll also add that unlike previous posters, my clock fonts were too BIG, not small, & i desired to get it to my satisfaction without resorting to changing the bar's height.

1. Create a 2nd bar, set to autohide [unlike my primary bar that stays fixed], & position it at screen top LHS corner [unlike my primary bar full-width at screen bottom].

2. Add this same widget into said new bar, & do whatever you wish to enhance visibility. In my case with fonts too large, i did nothing, as the autohide function means that when i don't wish to explicitly see this bar, it hides, thus returning my screen real estate. For those wanting larger fonts, i suppose you could expand this bar's height to suit, knowing once again that you will not be permanently losing that screen real estate. My reason for retaining this widget, albeit in the 2nd bar, is that i like its capability to display my calendar info, & its multi-timezone capability. That said, its large font [& i prefer the long date format below the time] simply takes up too much primary bar space for my taste.

3. Remove this widget from the primary bar.

4. Replace it with the Event Calendar widget, then play with its config. Unlike the std widget, this one has some extra stuff that can be handy, & provides a degree of customisability to font size via row height [though could be better for sure]. Sadly this one only accesses Google Calendar [yetch], & doesn't provide multiple timezones, hence my rationale for the 2nd bar with default widget therein.

For me, this new widget has acceptably smaller fonts AND its long date format is additionally shorter re bar-space coz it uses days as 3-letters not full-name. I recognise that smaller fonts would be the direct antithesis of some earlier posters' desires, but i thought to offer this suggestion merely coz you might find a combo of settings that might work ok for you.
Apparently this is an issue a lot of users have been having since the upgrade to plasma 5.8. However, I have found a solution which works for me. It requires modifying the digitalclcok.qml file. I have attached a link on how to fix it below.

https://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=101473
(19th October 2016, 1:45)ttam72 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently this is an issue a lot of users have been having since the upgrade to plasma 5.8. However, I have found a solution which works for me. It requires modifying the digitalclcok.qml file. I have attached a link on how to fix it below.

https://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=101473

The lines with pixelsize are the ones which need to be added to the file.
Pages: 1 2