Maui Forums

Full Version: auto mount hdds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, Im using 6 hdds total. I have the os on a ssd and then 5 regular hdds for storage. on one of those is a downloads folder that i use with some programs. After each reboot I have to go into dolphin and mount the hdds manually. Is there a way to do this at startup automatically? if so how would i achieve this?
Systemsettings -> Removable Devices -> Removable Devices. Tick the enable automatic mounting.
Check the drives you want to mount on login.
Yep, that did it, thanks, I guess i didn’t think to check there bc removable devices to me means usb devices and not internal hdds but i guess technically the devices are removable.And i was thinking i had to do it in Dolphin, anyway thanks for the help. that was pretty simple
Ups.... Blush
I auto mount my internals hdds from fstab file since....several years....and today I view that I can auto mount internals hdds from graphic application....I'm getting old ... Blush Rolleyes
Yeah fstab is the global mount basically at startup. This method mounts on login only.
It has advantages and disadvantages.