Maui Forums

Full Version: Fresh installation, I need wait some hours for update system and solved some issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
In the first time, congratulations for this distro.
Yesterday, was install Maui 1 in my laptop (tomorrow install in my towerSmile) well, I was made a fresh installation.
When the installation was finished, I view that, some parts of system are in english (I select spanish), and in the preferences select spanish for prior language.
Restart, but the parts of with english continue with english.
Go to minupdate and updates for search updates and not appears any update.
After a some hours (5-6-7...) appears all updates and my system update to plasma 5.8.1.
In this moment, my system have more parts in spanish, but some parts continue in english but not problem for me.
Firefox and Thunderbird are installed only in english and I need install the spanish package for set in spanish.
Trough synaptic install this spanish packages, but are a good iddea that, if select my language in spanish, the applications install default language pack Smile

Sorry if I not explained very well.

Regards.
Yeah I worked on something for that for the new installer (calamares) that we will use in Maui 2. I put it on my todo list so I don't forget about that.
I also noticed that btw. Smile
Perfect Smile
Thank you very much.
Confirmed:
A few hours ago, I install a fresh install of Maui in my tower.
After update system, continue view some parts of Maui in english, for example, some parts of dolphin and others applications.
I need install kde-l10n-es for appears all parts in spanish (a little parts continue in english but very very little parts).
Also, I install language-pack-es, language-pack-es-base, language-pack-gnome-es and language-pack-gnome-es-base.
But I think that, the package that translate to spanish was kde-l10n-es.
Now, my system its about 99 or 99,5% in spanish Smile

Regards.
(14th October 2016, 17:48)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]... After a some hours (5-6-7...) appears all updates and my system update to plasma 5.8.1...

Hey, huh, what? Are you a magician? I'm still on 5.8.0, but you managed to get 5.8.1? You must be really good!!!  Big Grin

leszek -- help pls?
He updated apparently everything after a fresh install of maui. And as the neon repo is then still active he also got 5.8.1
Aha, right, i did wonder that, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Oh, btw, maybe i misunderstood something you said recently in another thread; are we still going to receive 5.8.1 in ~week's time, or are we skipping that & waiting for 5.8.2 instead?
(15th October 2016, 3:15)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]
(14th October 2016, 17:48)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]... After a some hours (5-6-7...) appears all updates and my system update to plasma 5.8.1...

Hey, huh, what? Are you a magician? I'm still on 5.8.0, but you managed to get 5.8.1? You must be really good!!!  Big Grin

leszek -- help pls?

In the first time, I indicate that I was need wait some hors, but after install yesterday night Maui in my tower, I think other.
In laptop I was wait this hours for update system, because recent installed, I search updates and any updates appears.

Yesterday, in my tower, when install finished and restart computer, again, in updates not appears any update, but in this moment, restart computer again and then, appears all updates for update my system.
Also, in my tower update plasma to 5.8.1 Smile
(15th October 2016, 10:10)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]He updated apparently everything after a fresh install of maui. And as the neon repo is then still active he also got 5.8.1

Ok, I understand, but a question, after system update, the neo repo is disabled or changed for other?

Sorry if my question is.... Confused

Regards! Wink
Yeah the neon repo is disabled and a clone by us is active (this clone still has 5.8.0)
Pages: 1 2