Maui Forums

Full Version: Wacom tablet not detected properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Wacom tablet isn't working correctly. Under Input Devices in Netrunner, there was a Graphic Tablet entry and that is where the Wacom showed up with it's options. In Maui, it is showing under Joystick and there is no Graphic Tablet entry at all. I need the tablet to work. It was always detected and worked automatically in Netrunner. Help please?
Which prior Netrunner version did it work in, standard editions 14, 15, 16, 17 (Kubuntu) or rolling edition: (Manjaro)?
I don't think the wacom tablet kcm is finished bieng ported to KF5 (Plasma 5), at least on in debian, ubuntu, neon.
Under Arch, this is only available from the AUR, both versions.
I can't seem to find a ppa for this, you may need to compile this from git.
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=wacomtablet.git

Note: The frameworks version is still in beta.
(18th October 2016, 20:59)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Which prior Netrunner version did it work in, standard editions 14, 15, 16, 17 (Kubuntu) or rolling edition: (Manjaro)?
I don't think the wacom tablet kcm is finished bieng ported to KF5 (Plasma 5), at least on in debian, ubuntu, neon.
Under Arch, this is only available from the AUR, both versions.
I can't seem to find a ppa for this, you may need to compile this from git.
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=wacomtablet.git

Note: The frameworks version is still in beta.

It was working in Netrunner 14. I have no idea how to compile anything. I won't be able to use Maui if I can't use the tablet. Sad I guess it's a good thing that I installed it alongside 14 and not in place of it.
Netrunner 14 is based on KDE SC4, so yes the kcm_tablet package would work.
The issue here is Plasma 5 (KF5) which this kcm is still in beta.
Give me a bit and I can package this for you.
(18th October 2016, 23:16)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Netrunner 14 is based on KDE SC4, so yes the kcm_tablet package would work.
The issue here is Plasma 5 (KF5) which this kcm is still in beta.
Give me a bit and I can package this for you.

I would really appreciate that, thanks!
Sorry, haven't had a chance to get to this for you yet. I'm still recovering and in pain from my surgery. I'll try to get to it tonight.
(19th October 2016, 19:37)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, haven't had a chance to get to this for you yet. I'm still recovering and in pain from my surgery. I'll try to get to it tonight.

That's ok. Don't push yourself if you are hurting. I have another distro on here I can use the Wacom with until you are able to get to it. Speedy healing!
I'm having an issue getting this to build on Maui, I'm still looking into why I'm getting these errors.
For now you'll need to use xwacom to set it up.
I'd also suggest removing the xorg libinput driver as this could posibly be what's causing it to show up under joystick.

Hopefully, this will be released by upstream Plasma soon.
(25th October 2016, 17:11)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue getting this to build on Maui, I'm still looking into why I'm getting these errors.
For now you'll need to use xwacom to set it up.
I'd also suggest removing the xorg libinput driver as this could posibly be what's causing it to show up under joystick.

Hopefully, this will be released by upstream Plasma soon.

Thanks for trying. It look like the only libinput thing that is installed is libinput10 but removing that would remove a boatload of other stuff. Important stuff.
I don't see anything in the xsetwacom settings that would fix the most immediate problem, which is that I can't even use the tablet to start programs from the menu and navigate through programs. I use the Application menu with the fly out panel, as I did in Netrunner, because I hate menus with giant icons that take up my whole screen. This is a computer, not a tablet, and I don't want it to behave or look like a tablet. Anyway, I can click a category and the panel with the apps flies out but when I move over it the menu collapses. There is no way to select anything. The wacom has only the most basic functionality, as I CAN move the cursor around and click on some things but isn't at all usable for graphics work and not even usable in place of the mouse for basic desktop functions.

It looks here -
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347022
like there is a fix but no one has bothered to package it?
Pages: 1 2