Maui Forums

Full Version: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We don't provide newer versions currently.
Ubuntus repo might have a newer version but then you need to get also the lightning AddOn from there.
Ok, thanks.
Yes, I view in the ubuntu repos for upgrade TB, but I preferer continue with plasmazilla.

I test, download TB from website, uncompress and before, disabled lightning Addon, works fine.

But like I indicate, I preferer use plasmazilla version for the moment, until I need update TB.

Regards.
Hi wonder. FYI, my TB is 45.3.0, & its Lightning is 4.7.4 [30/10/16]. It works fine in my Tower; all good.

EDIT -- Sorry, i just realised you want newer than 45.3.0. Silly me.
Hi kdemeoz!!
Yes, I want update TB. All was started because I view a newer version of Lightning, when I try to install indicate that its not valid for this TB version and I investigate and view that, TB have more newers versions.

Regards!!!
Hi,
Today I received a update for TB to 45.8
When restart TB indicate that the Lightning are not compatible with this new version of TB.
xul-ext-lightning is part of TB and got an update aswell so it should work if you are using it.
Ups, yes, its correct.

But for some reasson in my TB not work (its possible for my tests in the last days).

I uninstall xul-ext-lightning and remove Lightning in TB, I reinstall xul-ext-lightning and now, appears and works fine.

But appears in english, and my language are spanish, also, I have installed thunderbird-locale-es and thunderbird-locale-es-es
But continue lightning in english...
Lightning should have its own language pack however this seems to be not part of the thunderbird package.
Yes, before this update calendar/lightning appears in my language (spanish) after this update (and reinstallation for my problems) appears in english.
I search in synaptic for if I view some package of lightning for language, but I don't view any.
Solved, I go to lighning page, downloaded the version for we TB version, reinstall and now works fine and in my language.
Pages: 1 2 3