Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Plasma 5.8.2 Upgrade Warnings & Errors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Today i upgraded my Tower from Maui 1 Plasma 5.8.0 to 5.8.2, following your recent release [& thank you for it]. During the process i noted multiple warnings & error messages [see attached txt file]. Given those, once the update completed, i decided to reboot. Whilst "About Maui" indicates apparent success, all those messages seemed "important", so i felt it best to ask here; should i be concerned?

[attachment=1049]   [attachment=1050]
All of those errors are harmless (since there was some overlap time when neon already shipped 5.8.2, those error messages were to be expected).
The only odd one seems this:
W: Failed to fetch http://ds9-maui.s3-website.eu-central-1...._amd64.deb
 Hash Sum mismatch

I assume everything went well nevertheless and if you enter the commands
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

again, everything would either simply finish (minus the kio) or it would show "nothing to update"?
Thank you! After i did the first sudo you advised, this occurred for the second one:
Code:
Z97-HD3:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
 base-files
1 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 1 not to upgrade.
Need to get 81.1 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

When i did the original upgrade earlier today, i used Update Manager rather than Konsole, & [due to a recent dedicated thread on it] i deliberately did NOT include the base-files update. I was surprised to see that it is still being offered [doesn't it mean my Maui will think it's Neon?]. What should i do now pls?
I think it should be our new version which includes the strings for Maui 2.
Check with "apt-cache policy base-files" which version it wants to pull. If its version 99 instead of 9 then it is safe.
In Update Manager i could see that the old was 9 & the new was 99, so i accepted the update & did it.

I'd like to say THANK YOU for the fantastic level of support you Mods / Devs are giving your users. My move from Mint KDE4 to Maui has given me not only a pretty damn marvellous OS, but also an amazing degree of fast helpful support. It's just excellent.