Maui Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED... sort off] Touchpad is dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro and after the last system upgrade my TouchPad does not work at all. It is seen by the system as
SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

Code:
$ xinput
��� Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
���   ��� Virtual core XTEST pointer                    id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
���   ��� ELAN Touchscreen                              id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
���   ��� SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                    id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
���   ��� USB Optical Mouse                             id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
��� Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
   ��� Virtual core XTEST keyboard                     id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
   ��� Power Button                                    id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
   ��� Video Bus                                       id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
   ��� Power Button                                    id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
   ��� Lenovo EasyCamera                               id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
   ��� Ideapad extra buttons                           id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]                                                                                                                            
   ��� AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                    id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]    

and $ less /proc/bus/input/devices gives this info on TouchPad

Code:
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0007 Version=01b1
N: Name="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse1 event6
B: PROP=5
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e520 10000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=660800011000003

I tried this:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/763763/to...ot-working
but with no effect.

Touch screen works well. Also the optical mouse, when plugged, works fine. But I really miss the touchpad :-(
If it is the latest kernel update try booting the older kernel in the boot menu under advanced options and see if it works with it.
If yes you can remove the newer kernel which is causing this issue for you.
(11th November 2016, 10:50)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]If it is the latest kernel update try booting the older kernel in the boot menu under advanced options and see if it works with it.
If yes you can remove the newer kernel which is causing this issue for you.

Well... I gave up and did what I usually do when I'm done with working on the laptop. I closed the lid... what put the laptop to sleep. When I opened the lid waking the computer up, the TouchPad was working again... Just like that. With all my custom settings.

Don't know why, but it works fine again. 

BTW - thanks for kernel swap suggestion. Seems reasonable.