Maui Forums

Full Version: No network after first reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I recently moved from using the netrunner rolling to Maui 2.0.

I have a strange issue; everything works fine after the first boot. However, after I make some cosmetic changes (like desktop theme cursor etc), upon reboot the widgets are missing and the network wont connect. I checked the NetworkManager is running.

I am not sure how to diagnose the problem, could someone help? Thank you!

EDIT: I am installing on a Lenovo x220 laptop with integrated Intel graphics.

Anant.
(12th November 2016, 14:59)ajar108 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I recently moved from using the netrunner rolling to Maui 2.0.

I have a strange issue; everything works fine after the first boot. However, after I make some cosmetic changes (like desktop theme cursor etc), upon reboot the widgets are missing and the network wont connect. I checked the NetworkManager is running.

I am not sure how to diagnose the problem, could someone help? Thank you!

Anant.

After some tests I found that if I boot into Maui with my external monitor connected, the plasma widgets dont start. The network connectivity issue did not recur, but each time I started Maui with the external monitor connected this problem surfaced. Any further reboots did not solve this problem.

New if I then replace the ~/.kde folder with an earlier backup, this resolved the problem after rebooting (albeit with the external monitor disconnected.)

I would like to know if this problem encountered by anyone else.

Anant.
Did you had a internet connection during installation ?
If not this might be the issue.

Like in this thread said https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread....1#pid40171
running sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf will help then.

Quote:New if I then replace the ~/.kde folder with an earlier backup, this resolved the problem after rebooting (albeit with the external monitor disconnected.)
As the ~/.kde folder isn't used by plasma 5 anymore this might be an coincident