Maui Forums

Full Version: CANNOT Open Software Center...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know when this happened... but I used to be able to access the Software Center
and the last time I tried a week ago and again today, I could not. It crashes EVERY time!

I CAN access Synaptic, but I am trying to download Audour Recording software. I saw it
once in the software center and I do not see it in Synaptic.

How can this be corrected?

MSI quad 4 mobo
SSD
16 gigs mem
Which software center do you mean? The ubuntu one? The plasma discover one? Or something else?

The application is called ardour maybe you have a typo in synaptic search aswell.
In general when it comes to ardour the newest and latest and greatest version is not shipped via the repository but instead can be obtained after a small donation from the original website.
(17th November 2016, 10:33)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Which software center do you mean? The ubuntu one? The plasma discover one? Or something else?

The application is called ardour maybe you have a typo in synaptic search aswell.
In general when it comes to ardour the newest and latest and greatest version is not shipped via the repository but instead can be obtained after a small donation from the original website.

The one that came with the OS...   Discover.
We don't ship plasma discover by default.
(17th November 2016, 22:52)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]We don't ship plasma discover by default.

I don't remember installing it.

So, what DOES work, beside synaptic?
You can use apt-get aswell if you like. We recommend synaptic for now.
sorry, but that's not correct. The "Discover"-Tool is on my system and I didn't installed it. Maybe you changed you changed from discover to something other, because "Discover" is from the beginning not useable ...

Ciao!

Dieter
We don't ship discover on Maui 2.
If an update installs it this is clearly a mistake.
Ok, thank you for the information, but what is with maui 1? When i got discover with maui 1 then it is still on my system? Or I am wrong?

Ciao!
Dieter
Maui 1 officially did not ship with discover.
However it might've come with an system update.