Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - SystemSettings-System-Systemd in Maui2 ISO but not in Maui1 --> Maui2.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As i am contemplating replacing my Lappy's Mint 18 Xfce with Maui2, following my successful & mostly happy replacement of Mint 17.3 KDE4 with Maui1 on my Tower some time back, last night i downloaded the Maui2 ISO & burnt it to USB stick. Today i booted Lappy from it, in order to assess the Maui2 Network Manager WiFi stability & reliability compared to my Mint 18 Xfce WiFi frustrations [ https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread.php?tid=24117 ].

My Tower is now also Maui2, but not from ISO, instead from various Update Manager upgrades. Tower is  [very recently] Plasma 5.8.3, whereas the Maui2 ISO is still 5.8.2.

In Maui2 ISO's System Settings GUI, in the System row, 2nd-last from RHS icon is Systemd. This is NOT present in Tower's System Settings [not now in P5.8.3, nor was in its 5.8.2 or any earlier P version]. Using Synaptic i reinstalled both systemsettings & default-systemsettings-settings packages in Tower, but it did not help.

What's going on here pls? How do i ensure that my Tower's Maui2 ENTIRELY matches a clean Maui2 ISO build? I now wonder what other possibly important differences exist...
You can take a look at the packagelist of the ISO if you want to compare current installed packages with what we include on the Maui 2 ISO. Just navigate to the casper directory and take a look at the filesystem.manifest file.
In order to create such a file on your installed system execute
Code:
dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Package} ${Version}\n' > filesystem.manifest
OK, thanks, i will try that, but your answer only deals with my "I now wonder what other possibly important differences exist..." question. What about the initial issue pls; how do i make my Tower's SystemSettings-System include that Systemd item, given that the applicable packages appear already installed?
The package is called kde-config-systemd. This is the KDE Control Module that creates the entry in the systemsettings.
That worked, thank you. I say the following only from a point of surprise at the difference, not because i consider it a problem... my Tower's System Settings GUI now includes the Systemd icon, but compared to the Lappy's Maui2 ISO, the category sequence is different. In the ISO & Tower, Row1 = "Personal" & Row4 = "Advanced". However their respective Rows 2 & 3 are reversed; ISO R2 = "System" & R3 = "Hardware", but Tower's R2 = "Hardware" & R3 = "System administration". That's odd, isn't it [given both are Maui2, only Tower's one got there via Maui1]?
That is strange indeed. The systemsettings configuration did not change from maui 1 to maui 2.
Might be a strange behavior of loading stuff in systemsettings maybe.