Maui Forums

Full Version: How to install to a new HP Laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I just purchased a new HP laptop on a Black Friday special and am trying to set up a dual boot system, even though I already HATE WinBlows 10!! I went in and disabled the secure boot in the bios, but still cannot get this thing to boot off the internal dvd drive. What else do I need to do to make this work?

HP Notebook
Model: 15-ba051wm
Hi,
I have a HP laptop, other model, but similar model.
Well, I don't have in this laptop dual boot, in this laptop only I have Maui.
I think, is better boot with usb that boot with DVD.
For boot with dvd and/or usb you don't need disabled secure boot.
In my laptop I have enabled secure boot and boot with usb without any problem.
You need change cms in your bios.
And you need burn in usb and start/boot in uefi mode, because your windows are installed in uefi.

Regards.
(25th November 2016, 11:34)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have a HP laptop, other model, but similar model.
Well, I don't have in this laptop dual boot, in this laptop only I have Maui.
I think, is better boot with usb that boot with DVD.
For boot with dvd and/or usb you don't need disabled secure boot.
In my laptop I have enabled secure boot and boot with usb without any problem.
You need change cms in your bios.
And you need burn in usb and start/boot in uefi mode, because your windows are installed in uefi.

Regards.

I have tried booting from internal dvd and USB dvd. I set secure boot disabled and Legacy enabled and it comes up in the boot menu. But every time I try to boot from either dvd, it prompts me with, "Memory allocation failed: out of memory."
I don't understand how I can be out of memory in the boot process. Though this laptop does come with 8 gigs on board.
Only found this regarding this issue. Though as you have a laptop I don't even know how remove that battery
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2289290

Also please check the sha256sum of the downloaded ISO if it is the same as we provide on our download page.
Are you try update bios if fixed this issue?
Its very strange...
(25th November 2016, 22:58)wonder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you try update bios if fixed this issue?
Its very strange...

I finally got the OS to install... but now when I re-boot the laptop, it instantly boots to WinBlows!
How do I get Maui to boot?
Did you maybe installed in UEFI mode? Or how did you managed to install it?
If yes then you can use the Uefi/BIOS boot menu to start Maui.
Otherwise it might've not installed correctly as by default it should offer a bootloader to boot it.
(26th November 2016, 1:59)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Did you maybe installed in UEFI mode? Or how did you managed to install it?
If yes then you can use the Uefi/BIOS boot menu to start Maui.
Otherwise it might've not installed correctly as by default it should offer a bootloader to boot it.

how do you put it in UEFI mode?
By booting it with uefi basically.
We just released an updated ISO 2.1, you could see if that works better.
Pages: 1 2