Maui Forums

Full Version: [Workaround] - Dropbox and pidgin systray icons missing (5.8.3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Damn, not solved Sad I just rebooted and it crashed again. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have an SSD on this laptop and it boots "too fast" - on my work PC I have exactly the same setup, but slow HDD and it starts OK (even with modesetting). Here it sometimes starts sometimes not, most of the times not. No idea really what's behind it.
Strange indeed. Do you have autologin enabled maybe ? If yes try disabling and see if it makes it work.
As I am also running on an ssd and don't have that problem (though different graphicscard its an nividia one here running with nouveau drivers)
This might sound a bit out of the box, but have you checked for a firmware update to the offending system, and or devices attached to it (aka ssd drive) yet?
Hi,

Thanks for the advices. I didn't have autologin and the SSD firmware is at its newest version. I will be more cautious now to say that it is resolved, but it works for the time being. What I did now was that I've found an advice in debian forums that stated that the phase of the xembedsniproxy startup should be postponed by changing the phase from 0 to a higher value in /etc/xdg/autostart/xembedsniproxy.desktop. Therefore I have changed the parameter X-KDE-autostart-phase to 2 at first (it still segfaulted) and then to 4 (it seems to work now). So I guess it might be that when I have it started with applications phase it works.

EDIT: Not solved, after another reboot it segfaulted again. Therefore I'm officially out of ideas, since when I start it immediately after loging in, with just the following command, it works:

Code:
xembedsniproxy &
OK I finally made a reliable workaround: I setup a startup script that basically does this:

Code:
sleep 10 && bash -c "xembedsniproxy &"

After logging in after 10 secs, it always starts successfully. It makes me wonder what it is that it needs to be running in order to start successfully, but since it doesn't produce any log file nor dump I cannot find it out.
Pages: 1 2 3