Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - Applications Menu config?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. My Tower's Maui's Applications Menu is extensively edited [by me, progressively over the past couple of months] to include new sub-categories, & reallocation of many items to categories different to default. For the past couple of days i've been rebuilding my Lappy as dual-boot Linux [Maui & Mint Xfce, with encrypted shared /DATA partition], & on it Maui is running very nicely. 

I want to make the same menu customisations on Lappy as already on Tower, but rather than do it all manually again, i hoped to just copy across the relevant config file from Tower. I had assumed that /home/moi/.config/kmenueditrc might have been it, but it seemed to make no difference. What is the correct file pls?
The file that you need is ~./config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu.
I'm afraid that did not help [but thank you]. I copied it over, rebooted, but was dismayed to see no apparent difference in Lappy's menu... or let me rephrase slightly. IF the Lappy menu had changed, it certainly had not become an exact replica of my Tower's menu. On both pc's i use the "Application Menu" cascading popup menus alternative widget, & to give you pictorially just one example of my customisation on Tower:
[attachment=1118]

On Lappy, the Office category remains a simple flat hierarchy, with none of my subcategories. That failure to mimic my Tower's menu structure is equally present for other categories, eg, Utilities & Games
That is different issue.

When changing between alternative menus, the flat categorization will return as part of the Maui default setting. You'll need to right click on the menu, and change this behaviour in the selected menus own settings. Another option would be to edit the menu containment section of ~.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc directly.

In the following example, you would need to change limitDepth=true to limitDepth=false in order to show sub-categories.
Quote:[Containments][1][Applets][2]
immutability=1
plugin=org.kde.plasma.kickerdash

[Containments][1][Applets][2][Configuration][Shortcuts]
global=Alt+F1

[Containments][1][Applets][2][Shortcuts]
global=Alt+F1

[Containments][1][Applets][2][Configuration][General]
favoriteApps=systemsettings.desktop,org.kde.ksysguard.desktop,octopi.desktop,vokoscreen.desktop
limitDepth=true
"You'll need to right click on the menu, and change this behaviour in the selected menus own settings" --> gahhhh, i always forget about that setting. Thanks so much!!