Maui Forums

Full Version: Kmail family apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well,i do have installed the 2.1 iso of maui,but i really have no idea how to bring back the kmail family apps that ik r installed but not in the menu,how can i bring them back there ? i did tryed to use the menu editor,but i have no idea what to write in there as i am a noob into this,i would love some help with step-by-step
i did tryed to use thunderbird,but i never could make it to notify me of new incoming emails,so i opted for kmail which do that (i couldn't make thunderbird do that in windows either)
For Thunderbird notifications, please install add-on GNotifier. It will enable the OS notifications. You can also test the notifications in the Preferences page of the add-on (at the bottom).
is that addon goin to pop up notifications about the new emails,at least the title so ik from where it is or is just gonna be that kind that i have to be with my eyes stick on the notification bar to see when change colour ?
It is the standard KDE notification in the bottom right corner, similar that all other apps show - so not a popup window, just a notification that disappears after a few seconds.
i did saw in a forum that there is a beta thunderbird that can be installed,but that it ruin lightning,somehow and it can be fixed by instaling that lightning again,don't remember right now what was exactly about,but i do remeber that those that did that,said that actually we don't miss anything coz is actually nothing new,dam,i wish they make this thunderbird with pop up notification for new email,for now i'm gonna stick with kmail,i didn't managed to get it back in the menu,but i did manage to put it in the fav apps
(14th December 2016, 12:20)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]For Thunderbird notifications, please install add-on GNotifier. It will enable the OS notifications. You can also test the notifications in the Preferences page of the add-on (at the bottom).

Oh rocky, this is great -- thanks!!    Smile
Actually, Thunderbird and Firefox can use the notification system just fine. The problem is that these are GTK applications and would need libnotify and libevent installed.
so, if i install those 2 depedencies will pop up notifications on new emails?
It does on my Manjaro LXQT, Arch (Antergos) Enlightenment and Maui 2 installations.
You do need to enable the notification system for Thunderbird by selecting "Show an alert":
[Image: e-58520867d98a21.74372579.jpg]