Maui Forums

Full Version: SDD splash screen unresponsive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go into system settings, workspace behavior, splash screen to make changes the system settings window becomes unresponsive and I will eventual get, or if I try to close system settings, will receive a warning window with "Splash Screen — ""System Settings" from application "systemsettings" (Process ID: 19714) but the application is not responding."

Then I have the option to Terminate application or wait longer.  Included an image.

It was working at one time so not sure if something I did or an error from an update or install of another application?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Try with disabled effects maybe.
If that does not work maybe opening up systemsettings5 from terminal helps getting an error which leads to the cause of this issue.
(14th December 2016, 21:09)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Try with disabled effects maybe.
If that does not work maybe opening up systemsettings5 from terminal helps getting an error which leads to the cause of this issue.

Though I had rebooted before it was still not working.  Now for some reason I rebooted a while later to do something else and it is working now?  Perhaps an app I installed?  Working great now.  Thank you for your reply.  So far Maui 2.1 has been one of the most wonderful Linux experiences yet.  Perhaps also I jumped the gun a bit posting on the forum but that is good to because I needed to create an account.  Again thank you.
Great that it works for you now.
Hope it won't occur again.