Maui Forums

Full Version: Desktop folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OS Version: Maui 2.1 "Blue Tang".

In Folder View Settings the radio-button for Show the Desktop folder is activated but the folder does not show.
I request guidance on how to make the Desktop folder show on desktop.
What do you have in your home/XXXX/Desktop folder?
What do expect to see?
Have you created files/folders for the desktop?
[attachment=1139]
[attachment=1139]
(3rd January 2017, 9:06)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]What do you have in your home/XXXX/Desktop folder?
What do expect to see?
Have you created files/folders for the desktop?

I thought by activating the radio button a 'desktop folder icon' would appear on the desktop, refer to attached screenshot.
This options enables folderview desktop which shows you the contents of the desktop folder as icons on the desktop.
Right click .....Configure Desktop/location/..... You can change some "folder view" settings there. Other than that you can, right click the Desktop/Create New File/folder. You can also put your shortcuts to programs on the desktop via start menu/right click on a application (such as firefox) and press add to desktop.
You might find this interesting.
https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma
(3rd January 2017, 12:35)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]Right click .....Configure Desktop/location/..... You can change some "folder view" settings there. Other than that you can, right click the Desktop/Create New File/folder. You can also put your shortcuts to programs on the desktop via start menu/right click on a application (such as firefox) and press add to desktop.
You might find this interesting.
https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma
Yes, riveting stuff indeed. Alas, the "Location" in "Folder View Settings - Plasma" seems (as far as I can determine) to have its own mind i.e., activating either one of the 4 radio button(s) under Location/Location will show different/unexpected results.

The KDE UserBase Wiki does not seem to describe a solution to the 'challenge' I am experiencing.

My desktop originally displayed 'Readme', 'Network' and 'My Computer' icons. I moved these 3 icons to Trash.

I am trying to place/show the 'desktop folder icon' on to my desktop computer monitor and would've liked sending four self-explanatory screenshots (total 695 KiB) but am unable to do so because of some errors indicating either my message is too long or the file specified is empty. I tried for the last 2hrs... I give up and bow out.