Maui Forums

Full Version: [Solved] - "Ant Videos" directory keeps appearing in my Downloads directory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has there ever been a weirder-sounding topic posted in these forums?  Big Grin  However i'm serious - this really does keep happening. Randomly, several times over the past several weeks, i have found this strange directory created in my Downloads directory. It's always empty. As soon as i find it i delete it, but sooner or later it comes back again (i'm not talking minutes later, it might be hours, days or maybe even weeks later]. I've just done a quick online search, but [unsurprisingly] nothing intelligible was found.

I don't even know where to begin to trouble-shoot this oddity. If this was Windows not Linux i'd begin to suspect i'd picked up some malware that was doing this. Any ideas pls?
Just remove the "Ant video downloader" plugin from Firefox, this should solve your issue.
Haha oh dear me that's so funny! Thank you -- i can't believe that it is solved, & so easily. I hardly ever use FF, but for the past few weeks have been randomly launching it whilst troubleshooting something. As i'd never heard of that FF extension [not plugin, actually] due to my unfamiliarity with FF, i'd never in a million years have thought of that as the culprit / solution. I almost didn't even bother making this topic, as i imagined nobody would know. Phew.
Plugins, extensions, services, whatever, they are all just an Add-on. Wink
In any case, I'm glad I was able to help.