Maui Forums

Full Version: [Closed] - Disable middle-button paste in plasma5 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I expect the answer is "no", but felt i should ask just to be certain.

i tried to find a way to do this a couple of years ago in Mint 17.x KDE4, but it was pretty hopeless. Typical methods involved remapping the mouse wheel/middle-button, but mostly the posted methods didn't work at all, or killed ALL wheel functionality (i only want to disable the paste function of the wheel, but still have its other functions].

Another DDG search today, looking specifically for relevance to Plasma5, still didn't help.

Is it possible pls?
This is a feature provided by Xorg directly. I don't think you can disable it that easily. There is a thread here giving some information on how to achieve that: http://askubuntu.com/questions/4507/how-...aste#55988
Yeah, that's one of the links i have already seen. Thanks anyway.
Hi,

Just for information, if your main problem, like me, is in firefox, you can disable the "middle clic to load an url".
With : about:config > middlemouse.coutentLoadURL > false
Hi, thanks, but no i don't use [don't like] FF, i use Vivaldi [chromium-based]. We're having a discussion about this over there in one forum. The topic is the lack of middle-click autoscroll in Linux chromium-based browsers compared to Windows ones. My longterm workaround for this is to use the AutoScroll extension in Vivaldi, Chromium & Slimjet, but others in the discussion [& i agree] would prefer that we had this function natively [like indeed FF has, even in Linux] rather than have to use an extension for it. One poster in the V forum had an interesting idea; given that chromium-based browsers in Windows do have this native function, maybe its enabling code is still in those browsers' Linux versions too, but gets blocked or disabled by Linux's inbuilt middle-click paste function. Personally i doubt this but concede it's a possibility, however i have no way to test this unless i first can disable that middle-click paste function... & then see if middle-clicking on web pages in V, C & S magically initiates the autoscrolling function we seek.
Am now Closing this thread.

Back over in the Vivaldi forum, one user found a way to disable the middle-click paste, & a few others then tested & verified it worked. However, with that disabled, the middle-click function did not magically then begin initiating any autoscroll function at all. Given that was my primary interest, & given this question has now been resolved in the negative, there's no need to continue with this Maui thread open.