Maui Forums

Full Version: [Closed] - Conky Manager NVidia widget semi-broken in Maui.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I use Conky Manager as a convenient way to give me Conky on my desktop with minimal effort on my part. I began using it back when my OS was still Mint 17.x KDE4, & each of the widgets of it that i used, worked well. Once i upgraded to Maui, last year, three of my preferred CM widgets broke, either entirely or partly. With help obtained in the Mint fora, i was able to solve two of the problems, thus 5 of my 6 CM widgets once again work nicely, in Maui.

The one widget that remains partly [/mostly] broken is the one for the NVidia card:
[attachment=1144]

From inxi -Fxz there's this extract:
[attachment=1145]

The relevant section in Conky Manager for this widget is:
Code:
TEXT
${color2}GPU Temp ${alignr}${color0}${nvidia temp} °C
${color2}Fan Speed ${alignr}${color0}${execi 5 nvidia-settings -q [fan:0]/GPUCurrentFanSpeed -t} %
${color2}GPU Clock ${alignr}${color0}${nvidia gpufreq} MHz
${color2}Mem Clock ${alignr}${color0}${nvidia memfreq} MHz
${color2}Mem Used ${alignr}${color0}${execi 5 nvidia-settings -q [gpu:0]/UsedDedicatedGPUMemory -t} / ${exec nvidia-settings -q [gpu:0]/TotalDedicatedGPUMemory -t} MiB
${image ./nvidia.png -p 0,90 -s 200x132}

Does anyone pls have any idea which edits i need to make to this file so that the widget correctly communicates with my NVidia card like it used to do back in Mint 17 ?
Nobody?
I have never used Conky.
Would this be the widget or could this be of help?
http://www.teejeetech.in/2013/05/my-conky-themes-2.html
Thanks Pliny. That is indeed the widget. Didn't know it was available for separate download, but anyway via my using his Conky Manager i have all the widgets in the one package. This one worked fine in Mint KDE4, but as you can see comparing his pic to mine [above], not in Maui.
Closing this thread now. Clearly nobody here knows, + [per https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread....1#pid41551] i've now changed from the NVidia proprietary GPU driver to the Nouveau driver.