Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui 2.1 System Settings/Network Drives - Adding Shares.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Maui 2.1.  I have it joined to our Windows Active directory domain using winbind.  I am logged in as a domain admin.  When adding a share to be mounted by KDE, it works if i supply the credentials, but doesn't if I don't.  On my Netrunner 14.2 machine, i do not need to supply the credentials, it authenticates using the domain admin user-id and password that I am logged in as.  Is there a way to get this to work in Maui 2.1 as it does in Netrunner 14.2?  I believe that the credentials of the logged on user/domain user should be passed to this share mounting function.  I have quite a few shares to mount, and I don't want to have to change passwords on each share every time our windows network forces us to change our passwords.  Also, I noticed that KWallet is running as a plasma service.  Could this be interfering with what I am trying to do?  I am not sure if I am utilizing KWallet on my Netrunner 14.2 machine.  If it is, it probably has a blank password.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony
Kwallet is running on both. (Netrunner 14.2 and Maui 2.1)
I think the issue might be with samba-mounter. I will try talking with the maintainer.
Update: We uploaded a newer version of samba-mounter to our testing repository. Could you be so kind enabling the normal testing (not testing-neon) repository in the software sources tool of synaptic (don't forget reloading/refreshing the sourceslist) and trying to update only samba-mounter and see if it fixes the issue after a restart.

If it does indeed fix the issue we will push the version out in our official backports repository.
This is not using kwallet, credentials are stored in .config/samba-mounter.

More useful than changing to a previous version would also be to look whether there's an error message being sent by samba-mounter's realmounter or onstart.
Lesek,
I did as you suggested and that did not help. When i tried to mount the share, I get the following error:

Error triggering mount:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Aleixpol,
Are the errors above, the ones that you are referring to? If not, where would I go to find the ones that you are referring to?

Lesek and/or Aleixpol,
Is it normal to have what appears to be a dummy share mount in the share/mount window titled "on"?
Just an FYI,
I have this same problem in the new Netrunner Core as well.  
I've actually had a similar issue on Netrunner Rolling (Arch/Manjaro) for quite some time now.
Code:
Error triggering mount:
mount error(22): Invalid argument
(17th January 2017, 0:37)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually had a similar issue on Netrunner Rolling (Arch/Manjaro) for quite some time now.

Code:
Error triggering mount:

Same here - half a year later.
I m currently trying to add a connection to a qnap-nas (placed at another location - so connection via vpn) via system settings -> network drives  and i also get the message:

Code:
Error triggering mount:

So i guess there is no solution yet??