Maui Forums

Full Version: (SOLVED) Help with reporting graphics crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

Had my desktop acting weird after wake from sleep.

Somehow managed to get the system log open enough to copy some lines to Kate.

When I went to try to find the graphics crash log, it appeared to have zero bytes -- but I'm not sure if that's some sort of looking for the wrong file on my part or some issue with crash logging.

I'd appreciate it if ultimately I can get the crash data to the right developers for fixing.  Thanks!
(15th February 2017, 7:15)Kurtbw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

Had my desktop acting weird after wake from sleep.

Somehow managed to get the system log open enough to copy some lines to Kate.

When I went to try to find the graphics crash log, it appeared to have zero bytes -- but I'm not sure if that's some sort of looking for the wrong file on my part or some issue with crash logging.

I'd appreciate it if ultimately I can get the crash data to the right developers for fixing.  Thanks!

trying again... hope the system log bits attach this time.
Gpu hang with the Intel driver. Which card/chip do you use?
Maybe it makes sense to try removing the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver.
I have already switched to modesetting driver, removed Intel driver completely and all works like a charm. No issues at all. Recommend it very much.
(15th February 2017, 10:34)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Gpu hang with the Intel driver. Which card/chip do you use?
Maybe it makes sense to try removing the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver.

Been superbusy with work, haven't had much time to putz.

Machine in question is an HP laptop with integrated Intel graphics.  I trust if I go through Synaptic package manager, look for the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver and remove it, that's all I have to do?  Or do I have to first install this "modesetting driver" rocky7x mentions?

Thank you all, for your help.
Modesetting driver is built in the xserver package already.
So removing the Intel driver is all you need to do.
(18th February 2017, 12:08)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Modesetting driver is built in the xserver package already.
So removing the Intel driver is all you need to do.

Got it.  Thanks once again.