Maui Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED) update to maui 17.03 volume-keys not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

today i updated from maui2.x to maui 17.03. Now i can't use on my lenovo thinkpad t520 the volume keys anymore.

How can i fix this?

Ciao!

Dieter
Have you replaced the default plasma volume as explained in the blogpost ?
If yes you maybe need to reassign the keys to be used by the new widget.
If that does not work and the keys aren't recognized at all try booting an older kernel.
(14th March 2017, 20:27)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Have you replaced the default plasma volume as explained in the blogpost ?
If yes you maybe need to reassign the keys to be used by the new widget.
If that does not work and the keys aren't recognized at all try booting an older kernel.

Yep, same for me, the volume keys work with the old widget, but don't work with the new one. How do I reassign the keys to the new widget?
Make sure that under systemsettings -> shortcuts -> global shortcuts -> audio volume that increase and decrease are setup correctly. If it is setup correctly and still not working try reassigning them to your audio up/down keys and apply to see if it fixes the issue.
The keys were already assigned there (that was the first thing I checked). But I had to logout and login and only then it started working with the new widget. From my perspective this is solved, but I guess the author should mark it.
(15th March 2017, 12:22)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]The keys were already assigned there (that was the first thing I checked). But I had to logout and login and only then it started working with the new widget. From my perspective this is solved, but I guess the author should mark it.

For me too, it's solved. I restarted the machine and everything with the keys was fine.

Thanks fpr answering!

Ciao!
Dieter
What is happening? Raise system when it does not have an icon in panel,
Systemm info does not work? What is that upgrade when you have to read huge instruction,
which is automatic as with Ubuntu on whose foundations you built a school.
I can not believe that doing so manual upgrade the 21 th century when the others
are RR Linux or working quite normal upgrade. ????
The volume applet is an optional step. If you don't remove the old volume applet it keeps working without a problem after the upgrade.
From my point of view, this is the first time in all my years of using Linux that I've seen a top quality professional upgrade procedure for even a dumbest user - my sincerest gratulations for that. If you would check the upgrade procedure for any other distro, they would just say "hit the upgrade button and it'll work", but it NEVER worked. Here, they covered ALL possible sub-steps and I give my biggest KUDOS Smile

ali_deda: for an experienced Linuxer, that whole procedure can be shrunk into 1 step, like turn on the backports, clear the apt cache and upgrade all packages, which IS a standard procedure. But a Regular Joe has no idea what that means. And now when finally some people give the world a professional upgrade procedure, that even my grandma can execute (and fix the side effects), you protest? Sometimes I really wonder...
By the way, don't want to be picky, but with the new applet, the volume keys do work, but the sound of increasing and decreasing volume (you know, the blink sound that can be heard at every step of volume change) disappeared. Is it just the "new way" of working or should it be there? Other notifications in Plasma give sound properly...
Pages: 1 2 3